Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ladies and Gentlemen –

I have a problem, I hope someone can be of help. The vehicle in question is a 2001 Forester ‘S’ with factory 6disc cd stereo. The problem is that the light in the stereo dial does not illuminate anymore.

The stereo light has the same day glow/night illumination as the odometer/trip meter, and the outside temperature gauge, below the speedometer and tach gauges on the dash.

The stereo dial is working fine, it gives all the necessary display playing cd or radio, it just does not light up day or night.

I have seen in this forum how to remove the stereo, and housing. What I need to know is this, is the light in the stereo dial replaceable. If so what’s the best way to go, where to purchase, etc. If not what the best way to go as far as a stereo replacement, etc.

Thanks, for any help, forgive me if it takes a while to respond, I don’t log on often, or might not have the time to respond after reading any post.

·
Registered
1996 SVX
473 Posts
Yes it is possible. The lights are tiny incandescent bulbs. Radio Shack has (or used to carry, last time I checked) bulbs that size that will work.

What is your radio model number (printed on the front)?

See this thread for the P123 (also used in Imprezas):
(even if yours is a different model, that will give you an idea of the amount of effort that will be needed).

Once you can reach the old bulbs, you can snip the old ones out with tiny wire cutters, but you'll need a very fine-tipped soldering iron to attach the leads from new bulbs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts