Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester STI
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I've just won on ebay a spare STI steering wheel. I am looking for ideas on how to get it re trimmed by Royal Steering wheels. Is there anyone that has had theirs done?

Show me your steering wheels! And Go!

Supa

·
Registered
2011 Subaru Forester
562 Posts
So much so that the steering wheel moved to the wrong side lol. Out of curiosity has anyone sewed on a new leather cover? I did so on my X trail a few years ago. Looked great, felt great and I liked that it made the steering wheel slightly beefier. I will have to try and track down a company selling them.
Voila

Price is right so I will order one, and report back whenever I get around to stitching it on.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So much so that the steering wheel moved to the wrong side lol. Out of curiosity has anyone sewed on a new leather cover? I did so on my X trail a few years ago. Looked great, felt great and I liked that it made the steering wheel slightly beefier. I will have to try and track down a company selling them.
Voila

Price is right so I will order one, and report back whenever I get around to stitching it on.
I did one from ALi Express (this onehttps://www.aliexpress.com/item/33012030853.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.4fb28c8eedYPdU&algo_pvid=59627a9d-ce1d-4a9a-8ead-226f222b69d9&algo_expid=59627a9d-ce1d-4a9a-8ead-226f222b69d9-9&btsid=0ab6d70515942539292166876e5e0b&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_)
on my '19 GTI and it turned out amazing! It was pretty time consuming, but I took the steering wheel off and did it in front of the TV. Very worth it.

·
Registered
2004 Forester STI
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Reason I ask is because of this. Stole it off a guy on ebay. Currently in suede and have given it a clean. Feels ace. But plan is to get it re trimmed in perforated leather with pink stitching and a red band at 12 o’clock position.

But am currently am well pleased with my purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2011 Subaru Forester
562 Posts
Should be nice. For fun what does a service like Royal Steering Wheels charge to redo one? For some reason I like the perforated leather better than the suede

·
Registered
2004 Forester STI
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not Royal but Tiggy design, made slightly thicker and kept the original sections. Feels great! Transforms the interior. View attachment 537215
That looks cool. I don’t know how much royal steering wheels charge. I sent through a request and am waiting for a response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2011 Subaru Forester
562 Posts
Like Trashlord said it takes a few hours of stitching, but its not a very difficult project. For less than $15 USD the aliexpress ones are a serious deal in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
2004 forester sti
2,007 Posts
Ok so i didnt do it last night but ive got some pics now,
The stitching seems poor, the centre stripe is favouring the right hand side and it took four weeks to arrive after sending me someone elses wheel and then wouldnt reply to my messages after promising i would have it for Castle Combe last year.

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 Forester STI
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is piss poor quality @Lockheed

I'll really think about what to do next....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts