Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Forester X Touring
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get rid of the bushing/dampener into my steering column.

I wonder if someone already tried to replace the steering linkage knuckle from a SH with a 08-14 STI ? Does it fits ? If you know a thread about this, paste it here.

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT
637 Posts
I believe, although not certain, that the STI steering column runs a bit shorter than the Forester due to the ride height. I'd recommend the Perrin steering dampener lockdown. Easy to install, and firms up the steering column. One of my favorite mods!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 Forester X Touring
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe, although not certain, that the STI steering column runs a bit shorter than the Forester due to the ride height. I'd recommend the Perrin steering dampener lockdown. Easy to install, and firms up the steering column. One of my favorite mods!

@skirbykat

I already have it, it tighten up a bit the play, but not that much. Still have a little play in the steering wheel. It is not noticeable at low speed, but when i'm on the highway, I do not have a complete dead end center, still little play.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT
637 Posts
I see. The play I'd think is coming from either the column knuckles being worn over time, or the rack itself. If you have the lockdown (and properly installed), there shouldn't be play from the bushing.
Column replacement does sound reasonable, and 1 possible solution, so just be careful on length of STI vs OEM

1 - 4 of 4 Posts