Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
04 2.5XT 4EAT
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have saved up enough money to start modding my 04 fxt 4EAT I am on the hunt for the parts I'd like and the ones I need. I am aiming in the range of mid to high 300 whp. I was wondering if this is possible with out rotating the turbo and what additional engine mods i should look into? I am debating between a vf48 or vf39 turbo. would those help me reach my goal. Also would it be a good idea to look into building the trany or will the stock one hold?

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,170 Posts
are we talking peak flyhweel numbers or real whp/wtq here, because any VFxx turbo will not be enough for your goals - unless its a super duper high reading dyno. the 4eat will also hold you back from reaching your goals and possibly blow due to those power levels.

what is your budget because youll need to start minimum w/ a hta68/18g+. you will also need all the supporting mods that go along w/ the territory: injectors, larger tmic, intake, turbo inlet, 3" exhaust, protune, etc...

id beef up the trans also or @ least save some extra cash for when the inevitable happens.

·
Premium Member
04 2.5XT 4EAT
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Id like to make those numbers true whp/wtq. I have about $2000 saved right now and will keep saving and putting more money into the car. I have though about swapping the trans to the 5spd or the sti 6spd but that will take a little more time untill i have more money.

·
Premium Member
04 2.5XT 4EAT
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have started looking into the Blouch turbos and am interested in the td05 and td06 18g and 20g also the Blouch dominator turbos. From what I've ready they bolt in stock location and are capable of the power that I would like to reach. does anyone run any of these turbos? if so what do you think or recommend?

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,887 Posts
Local shop prefers 20Gs for the 2.5 liters. If you are thinking "18G", why not go 20G is their reasoning. Anything else is too small in their opinion.

Plenty of people on here running 18Gs. Few are making the power you are talking about. What fuel are you looking to run, pump 93 octane? Any plans for methanol injection?

Stan

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts
I'd say the 4eat is probably -not- going to hold to 18 or 20g power or just barely, but definitely not if you're trying to get peak power out of the turbo.

A vf39+downpipe+tune will get you higher than STI power. We're also geared much lower than the STI so it will be -quite- quick off the line. I'd probably start there and see how much more you want.

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
For the numbers you want a 20G is the smallest you should go but you should PM "A6N6D6Y". He has a 20G on his XT and it was insanely quick, but his tranny didn't last long at all.

·
Premium Member
04 2.5XT 4EAT
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I plan on running 93 octane or we have sunoco gas stations that also sell 100 and 110 octane at the pump. I have looked into swapping the transmission but if i can build the 4EAT to handle the power cheaper then the swap id rather do that. I plan on doing most of the work myself then getting it tuned by a local shop here in town called IPS motor sports.
"sea-scooby" thank you for the information i will deff send a pm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts