Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mr. April 2008, Image Master
2005 X
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few years ago a budy and I threw a Perrin crank pulley on my RS. I had tried to do it myself but was unable. My budy grabed the breaker bar, put it on the nut, and had the handle in contact with the ground. I started it real quick and then shut off the motor. This worked brilliantly. I'm thinking about ordering a new crank pulley, and was wondering if (and ya I'm sure this is a stupid question) but does the motor spin the same way? I'm sure it does but thought I'd ask the gods here what they think... Can I do the same trick, or should I be real weary of doing such things to my X?

·
Premium Member
97 s/tb
983 Posts
Yep it turns the same way
you just need to make sure the engine doesn't fire up so make sure you just click the starter over

·
Mr. April 2008, Image Master
2005 X
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Palatine said:
Yep it turns the same way
you just need to make sure the engine doesn't fire up so make sure you just click the starter over
Right on, thanks. just a thought if I took the fuel line and un-hooked it, could I start it without any worries of actually starting?

·
I Heart Beer
2000 Forester L
714 Posts
Kevin said:
Remove the spark plugs leads
+1, thats what i did
and i rested the breaker bar against the passenger side frame rail making sure i didn't pinch any of the good stuff :)

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
If you don't already have a crank pulley, I have two in stock.

One Perrin, and one Agency Power, both in black.

One of them is being donated in the raffle. The other is for sale.

:D

Free shipping for this one only!!

·
'03 XS MT PSM
2015 Ford Focus ST
2,371 Posts
You can get the crank pulley nut off w/o anything drastic. Just need TAGXT04 to come over and lean into the breaker bar. 18" breaker bar did the trick on my XS and Petty's STi to loosen the bolt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts