Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Brand new here, so if this is in the wrong spot just let me know.

I had a 1998 Forester way back when, and recently planned to get another. Was deciding which model/color/etc, and in my researching came across the new Outback Onxy Edition which has StarTex on the seats. It sounds very intriguing, especially with the 4 dogs in the family. Does anyone know if this will be available on the Forester in 2021? Debating if I should just go ahead now, or wait a year if the StarTex is worth it....

Thanks in advance for any insights!

-Jonathan

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Premium
1,309 Posts
The Onyx Outback XT is similar to a the Forester Sport except it has a Turbo.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
44 Posts
I think OP is mostly interested in the special seat fabric in the Onyx XT, which is not available in any Forester trim for 2019/2020.

Hard to say one way or another if that fabric will be an option in the Forester on the future. Maybe if they bring back an XT engine, they'll create an Onyx version or update the Sport trim to have the StarTex fabric.

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT LTD
21 Posts
I test-drove a couple of Onyx XTs and like the feel of the Startex...and the seats were great! Saw a recent video on Youtube stating that next year's Crosstrek will get the base engine from the Forester and Outback....wondering if they'll up the HP/Torque in the Forester or finally bring back the turbo...maybe the 2.4 as in the Outback XTs and Ascent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts