Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Forester automatic
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I had the starter replaced in my 1999 Forester...repair shop called while fixing and asked if I had a key fob because the "alarm" was going off. ( I did not leave fob with shop.) I told them the car does not have an alarm. Mechanic said the lights were flashing. After picking the car up, my key fob will now not work. Totally dead when pushed. Battery is fine and fob worked prior to starter repair.

Any opinions on why or what before I head back to the shop?

Thanks,
Jolie

·
Registered
1998 Forester
951 Posts

·
Registered
1999 L 4AT
1,222 Posts
there's a bright yellow sticker in front of the battery that explains all ...

·
Registered
2011 Forester automatic
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still no go...

I tried the first suggestion and nothing happened...

Looked for the "button" that my Subaru book says I should have to reset the fob, but three people, a flashlight and some rummaging under the dashboard later...no button. (2nd suggestion said to read the yellow sticker)

Since my car does not have an alarm system, do you think it was manufactured without the button? If the car was wired to have one installed, not sure why the reset button is not there.

I have yet to take it back to the shop, but without any other opinions that would be the next step.

·
Registered
2011 Forester automatic
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fixed!

After all this, I took my RU back to the shop only to find that the mechanic had unplugged a wire and forgot to reconnect the thing.

All is good.

Thanks for the suggestions! Great website.

Jolie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts