Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Sport w/ Opt 24 pkg CVT
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried some searches but didn't see this specific issue listed. Is anyone else having issues with the Starlink Apps connectivity? Mine will work for some number of seconds, and then it jumps to the screen I attached. This is every time, not a once in a while thing. I don't see much I will need to use with Starlink Apps since I'll use Android Auto for most things, but I was playing around a few times just to see what options were available with the Starlink Apps.

Anyway, just curious if others are seeing this screen when trying to use it. And my phone reception is very good and the other phone features work fine over Bluetooth, just not the Starlink Apps. I also have the latest Starlink app on my phone. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2019 Sport w/ Opt 24 pkg CVT
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I tried some more things and was able to get the Starlink apps to work for a bit. It involved some combination of clearing cache on the Starlink phone app and then deleting and reinstalling the app, then it would connect. At least I got iHeartRadio to work. That looks like the only thing of any interest to me on there, but it works better to just use iHeart through Android Auto or via the iHeart app directly over Bluetooth. Then the next day it went back to the error screen I previously posted. I supposed I could uninstall/reinstall the app again and it would work, but I don't plan to keep using any of the Starlink apps so I'll give up on it at this point.

Seems like the phone app is the problem with connectivity. After reading through the app comments, it looks like a lot of other people are having problems with it too. Lots of memory issues, and phone battery drain problems with it (I attached a screenshot of the stellar reviews of it). The whole system seems half baked. I'd be surprised if many people are making daily use of the Starlink apps.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts