Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2002 ES300
4,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2 weeks ago, my http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f115/2005-subaru-xt-la-baca-199578/ got totaled. So I spent everyday searching the classifieds for a suitable Subaru to buy. They are few and far between here. However, I found a couple that were good on paper. However, in person, they weren't a great car overall.

So I did a general search in my area. And this caught my eye. A meticulously cared for 2002 Lexus IS300. It had 2 prior owners, 108,6XX miles, with all the work performed at 1 of 2 Lexus dealerships. The maintenance records they printed out was like a small book of every oil change, headlight buffing, and other maintenance.

Now the pics.

·
Registered
2002 ES300
4,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Saw a 2008/2009 Legacy today. And I thought: Wow. The 2005-2009 Legacy sedans look pretty similar to my ride.

Anyone agree? They seem to have very similar, simple, clean body lines in my opinion.

·
Registered
2002 ES300
4,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SPECS:

Make: Lexus
Model: IS300
Engine: 2JZ (2997cc inline 6)
Transmission: 5ECTI (5 speed automatic with manual mode)
Color: Solar Yellow (0576)
Interior: Black (LB20)

·
Registered
2002 ES300
4,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So after driving this for a week, I'm really liking it a lot. It's a drivers car. Very solid, nimble, and responsive. It reminds me of the Exige S I drove. Very go-kart like, and feels that way being I'm used to a higher riding Foz. I've never driven a suspension modded Foz, but mine and this don't really compare. Plus, I haven't found anything cheap about it. Everything has a nice feel and has withstood the 108K miles quite well.

The only downside is that people still try to run me over. Not sure if on purpose or not. I might install my Supertones. But I'd want to paint them yellow or black first. And do a more professional of an install.

·
Forester of the Year 2014
SJ XT Premium CVT
2,824 Posts
Nice pick up!! I miss my Sportcross dearly. She was so good to me with her bulletproof engine. Here's a pic during her prime. I've done quite a bit of modifications so if you ever have any questions man, let me know. Cheers!

DSC_4682 by vJoshf, on Flickr

glad you got a new ride man!!! congrats. i bet @sway162 is one of the guys who may dig this iirc!
Yup, you know it bro!

·
Registered
2002 ES300
4,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice pick up!! I miss my Sportcross dearly. She was so good to me with her bulletproof engine. Here's a pic during her prime. I've done quite a bit of modifications so if you ever have any questions man, let me know. Cheers!

DSC_4682 by vJoshf, on Flickr

Yup, you know it bro!

Can I drool over that ride for a minute? Was yours a stick or auto? Anything these are notorious for?

·
Forester of the Year 2014
SJ XT Premium CVT
2,824 Posts
Can I drool over that ride for a minute? Was yours a stick or auto? Anything these are notorious for?
lol, thanks man! It's an auto...the wagons only came in this. What a shame, overseas they had these in AWD and stick! If that was an option here in the states I would have never sold it.

The only thing I can think of at the moment is the CD player always jams...aftermarket really is the best solution. The melted dashboard issue. This was only in hot climate locations. o2 sensors was an issue but I never experienced that.

These cars are solid. I had mine for 4 years with no issues except for the CD player. These cars are actually built quite a bit simpler than most Lexus, as they did very little to the Altezza platform before they started importing them here as IS300s.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts