Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2001 forester
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got any ideas on how to get rid of the squeeking or something to help reduce it?

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,732 Posts
I went around and found what causes my squeaks and rattles, and used thin foam tape between the parts to keep them from rattling. So far it's worked perfectly (and you can't see the tape if you take your time). My interior is pretty much rattle/squeak free......just need to get some dynamat now and do the floors and doors to quiet things down a bit.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,830 Posts
Have one in the dash of my '03 X, never did find where it was coming from. :frown: Recently I've noticed one in my '07... think it's around the head unit... it comes & goes, so I'm still looking for it. :mad:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2001 forester
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dam that sucks. It sounds like mine is squeeking from like the passenger side. Im not sure if its from the door panels or something along that side. I think my SF is just showing its age :(

·
Administrator
39,830 Posts
From the driver seat, I'd swear the noise on the '03 X was on the passenger side of the dash, but when my son was with me, he said it was towards the drivers side! :confused: To make it interesting, the sound isn't always there! :icon_eek:

Bobby...

·
Registered
2001 forester
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i remember my passenger chair would squeek. But it stopped since i dropped in some 02' wrx seats in. Now i have to find the other squeeks inside. Its driving me crazy!

·
Administrator
39,830 Posts
I passed the '03 X to my son last summer & he hasn't said a thing about the noise, but than, after driving a '95 Neon for years, he's learned to tune out any rattles! :lol:

Bobby...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts