Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 XT
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure why but i keep getting a squeak from the rear on both sides (L/R) every time i hit a bump or speed bump on cold days. i have a cobb sway bar but already had them greased 2X! thats not my issue. any other ideas? i hear that it can occur where the body meets the frame or something? can anyone help?

·
Administrator
14,760 Posts
Yes, it can be caused by the cargo door especially in the older models. What model do you have? I think some people lubricate the rubber stops or something similar.

·
Registered
2004 XT AT
1,101 Posts
pjman said:
not sure why but i keep getting a squeak from the rear on both sides (L/R) every time i hit a bump or speed bump on cold days.
Mine emits a few noises (not really squeaks) from the back when going over bumps for the first few minutes of driving each time I use it. I put it down to the self levelling units sorting themselves out, but that's just a hunch.

i hear that it can occur where the body meets the frame or something?
There is no frame. Re the cargo door theory, you could try driving a short distance with the tailgate open. Then again the increased road/exhaust noise might drown out the squeak if it's still there!
-- Steve

·
Administrator
14,760 Posts
There is a large rear "cross-member" that attaches to the body; so I suspect that is what's meant by "frame". Probably check it's mounting bolts for tightness wouldn't hurt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts