Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
MY04 Fozzy 6spd
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was heading to the So Cal meet today and 3/4 of the way car started to buck.....pulled over to the Pep boys and then found out that something was leaking.

it was fuel!! really!

Couldn't figure out what was going on...and didn't want the pep boy staff touching my fozzy...so I called up AAA for a tow to my mechanic.

found out my APS inlet FPR relocation bracket shifted and allowed the fuel line to rub against the clutch fork.

it's all fixed and better now...but made me miss my meet:icon_sad:

·
Registered
2000 Forester L NA auto
574 Posts
That pretty Forester on a flat bed makes for a sad picture. Glad everything is better now.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT '06 STi 6MT
707 Posts
sorry to hear :(

maybe you can RE-relocate the fpr :p

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
whew - yeah you lucked out a bit. but an easy fix!

whether the bracket is re-engineered or not, i'd wrap (or even double wrap) the aps fuel line (split loom and/or fire sleeve) to/fro the tank. They are kinda crappy. from APA, even thought he rest of the kit is really nice.

·
Registered
MY04 Fozzy 6spd
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
whew - yeah you lucked out a bit. but an easy fix!

whether the bracket is re-engineered or not, i'd wrap (or even double wrap) the aps fuel line (split loom and/or fire sleeve) to/fro the tank. They are kinda crappy. from APA, even thought he rest of the kit is really nice.
I know APS is a big name and all, and their stuff looks good, concept good, but their quality is just like everything else from china.

I have their cracked headers(split scroll setup) largest/most expensive paper weight I have, and their aps inlet isn't as nice as what people think. Yes their wrinkle red paint looks nice, and a hard inlet pipe for us non rotated people, but stupid design of the fpr relocation and cheap lines just suck...

Its my rant that I will no longer buy APS as their products are crap...redesign or not.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
I know APS is a big name and all, and their stuff looks good, concept good, but their quality is just like everything else from china.

I have their cracked headers(split scroll setup) largest/most expensive paper weight I have, and their aps inlet isn't as nice as what people think. Yes their wrinkle red paint looks nice, and a hard inlet pipe for us non rotated people, but stupid design of the fpr relocation and cheap lines just suck...

Its my rant that I will no longer buy APS as their products are crap...redesign or not.
i agree for the most part.

that's why I've been busy making my own stuff - at least if it fails and needs a redesign/re-engineering, I can get it done. That's the main problem with imported performance wares -- no recourse/solution if something doesn't work.

sweet sweet foz though....even on a flat bed!

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,263 Posts
Sorry to hear & read. How is the ride with the coilovers?

joe r

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,643 Posts
Glad you caught it in time.!!!! Yes you were missed...:icon_frown:

·
Registered
2004 XT
825 Posts
at least nothing major didnt happen. id rather hear that you got towed safely than something tragic happen.... but yes you were missed.

whens the next one guys? lol

·
Registered
MY04 Fozzy 6spd
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Glad you caught it in time.!!!! Yes you were missed...:icon_frown:
at least nothing major didnt happen. id rather hear that you got towed safely than something tragic happen.... but yes you were missed.

whens the next one guys? lol
Glad I'm so well liked...:woohoo: that people actually miss me...haha:Banane28:

Sorry to hear & read. How is the ride with the coilovers?

joe r
as you can see from the pictures I'm lower then my previous setup by 1/2" roughly.

feels little harsher on the bumps then the swift/tokico d-spec. It's stiffer so I'm assuming it's from that. Other then that, feels fine. Worked out ok for the price.

·
04's 2 FXT's.
9,263 Posts
DO you have them set up for there maximum or minimum height adjustment?

joe r

·
04's 2 FXT's.
9,263 Posts
Any straight on side view pics you could take?

joe r

·
04's 2 FXT's.
9,263 Posts
Sorry about that & again sorry to see you had to tow your FXTi...

joe r

·
Registered
MY04 Fozzy 6spd
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jdm, time for a fuel pressure gauge.
why?

I barely look at my boost gauge...

I was considering CAMP 2 for my top pod...but convert it to a 9" screen and put my stereo back to the bottom. ...off topic again..:icon_redface:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts