Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time to get the crew together for this year's first gathering in the great tradition of our usual meet/install day/BBQ format. Chime in if you're interested; Roo and I will be grilling some tri-tip and ribs and we'll have brewskis to. If you've got stuff waiting to be installed, please list what you need done. :smile:

Location: Sebastopol, CA (pm me if you've never been to one of these before and I'll give you directions on how to get here)
Start time: 10am
-Bring some food, snacks, or drinks to share
-If you have your own tools, please bring them (we have airtools for the tougher jobs)
-If you're performing any maintenance that involves changing fluids, please bring your own container to take away and recycle old fluids afterwards

Tentative list of attendees:

-bellatech
-piemaster
-stan_t
-SKSTI
-jrsnot
-Northwest Tan
-illmannered

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
Well, since I'm signed up to be at Pete Soper's April 25th rally event, that day won't work for me. Just my .00000156489 FWIW

·
Administrator
29,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oops, that's right, April 25 is out!

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
386 Posts
Sounds sweet. I'd be down for either day on the weekend of the 17th.

I would be okay for the weekend of 24th, but wife is due to go into labor a week thereafter. Mustn't risk birthing at gathering. :icon_eek:

Not much to install really; tho I'd be super-interested to check out the plate bracket!

Oh, and I loves me some BBQ. We'll bring treats and eats! :biggrin:

·
Registered
'05 Forester XT
110 Posts
Brakes All Around And Turbo Shield Install

Well....I want to replace all rotors and pads on our '05 FXT, along with installing the SPT Turbo Heatshield that has been sitting around the garage for a long time. I haven't been to one of the Install Days before, but would be more than happy to drive out your way for the day.

Here's my dilemma......I would only be able to make it on the 18th of April, because I'm going to friend's birthday on the 17th. If it's not going to be held on the 18th, then I may just take my car somewhere and have the brakes done. Even though I have done brakes before on other vehicles, I'm not sure why I'm kind of scared to tackle the brake job on the FXT by myself.

Questions -
1. I'll bring the parts to complete the brake job (rotors, pads, brake lube), is there anything else I should bring (tools, etc)?
2. What time would this start? I live in Patterson, CA and it's a little bit of a drive.

As for the brand of brake parts, I'm going to buy r1Concept Premium Rotors, and Axxis Deluxe Brake Pads. Nothing fancy as this is my wife's car and I just want something that will have low dust, low noise, and last a long time.

Any other comments, suggestions, please let me know. Thanks!

·
Administrator
29,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Questions -
1. I'll bring the parts to complete the brake job (rotors, pads, brake lube), is there anything else I should bring (tools, etc)?
2. What time would this start? I live in Patterson, CA and it's a little bit of a drive.
1. If you have your own tools, you may bring them. For tougher jobs we have air tools here as well.
2. We usually start around 10am. For a project like this it's a good idea to get here in the morning because everyone's motivation seems to wear off quickly in the afternoon after a couple of beers. :biggrin:

The other thing we ask is that you bring a container for the old brake fluid and truck it out after you're done. :smile:

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
i'll be there, it's been waaay too long since i've seen you guys. bbq and company alone will be well worth it; i don't have anything to install, but if there's time to take my trailer hitch off with use of air tools, that'd be nice.

....oh, and of course i'll come with pies or make them there, depending on what kinda pies you folks want. Greg and Silke, you name it, i'll make it.

·
Registered
2011 CT200h/E90 M3
658 Posts
I don't think I have anything, unless I decide to install my SPT Turbo heat shield that I've had sitting in my garage for a couple of months. I cannot do April 17th for sure since we'll be volunteering up at Mt. Diablo for Earth Day. And I voted for the other two, but I'd lean towards a Saturday date.

We're pretty swamped on weekends, but hopefully can just swing by for a few hours to just hang out and meet people.

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT Automatic
591 Posts
Vote 24th, as in Mexico prior week.

WRX Suspension
Lat Links
STI Steering Rack -> +Power Steering Bleed
Butt Load of Busings

My buddy will be doing bushings around, STI rsb, possibly lat links as well.

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
I can't do 24th, but would love to do 17th or 18th, unless some emergency comes up. I still have the EL header and STi oil cooler to install, but would rather do it at home in case something goes wrong. The Subaru could use new brake fluid, I'm still on the stock fluid at 53K. I could bring my "new" marvel of German Engineering for you guys to check out :icon_razz:

Stan

·
Administrator
29,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i'll be there, it's been waaay too long since i've seen you guys. bbq and company alone will be well worth it; i don't have anything to install, but if there's time to take my trailer hitch off with use of air tools, that'd be nice.

....oh, and of course i'll come with pies or make them there, depending on what kinda pies you folks want. Greg and Silke, you name it, i'll make it.
Mmmm... pies. :smile: I'm assuming you can only do Saturdays?

I'm leaning toward the 17th or 18th at this point.

·
Administrator
29,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can't do 24th, but would love to do 17th or 18th, unless some emergency comes up. I still have the EL header and STi oil cooler to install, but would rather do it at home in case something goes wrong. The Subaru could use new brake fluid, I'm still on the stock fluid at 53K. I could bring my "new" marvel of German Engineering for you guys to check out :icon_razz:

Stan
I still can't believe you sold your Miata... :chair: I think you'll have to endure some razzing if you bring the Passat!

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
Miatas are a dime a dozen, I'm not too worried about it. I wasn't using it as-intended. It was a pretty good trade IMO. I know how you feel about VWs -- can't blame you -- so far though, it's been a pretty nice car (knocks on wood).

Can I bring Hunter?

Stan

·
Administrator
29,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, bring Hunter... I'll get some beef bones from Willowside Meats for the pups.

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
Mmmm... pies. :smile: I'm assuming you can only do Saturdays?

I'm leaning toward the 17th or 18th at this point.
yeah, gotta work Sundays. ...well, even if you guys pick a Sunday, let's still arrange to meet up soon. with pie.

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,263 Posts
SO wish we lived closer to you two!

joe r

·
Premium Member
06 FXT
2,262 Posts
Harro!

Dang, it's been a while! 17th or 18th is a go for me. I'll be there for sure.

Can't wait to hang out with the OGs & new peeps.

·
Administrator
29,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, I put in my preference, and so far we're tied for all three dates. The 17th looks best to me as of now, schedule-wise.

·
Registered
2012 Toyota Prius CVT
185 Posts
I would like to go, meet everyone, and lend a hand. I work on Saturdays until 1pm, I might be able to get there by two, is that going to be too late?

1 - 20 of 111 Posts