Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 5MT
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I picked up my new '05 (Obsidian Black) last night the salesman pointed out a chip on the hood, about even with the scoop, but far over on the pasenger side. The car was a dealer trade and they were just washing it when I came in to pick it up when they found the hip. I have no idea how long it has been there. It is pretty good sized, but I know those will happen over time. Anyhow, the dealership offered to repaint the hood to fix the chip.
I don't know if I want them dinking with the paint for that chip. I hate to see the factory paint, however questionable, removed. Any thoughts on if I might be better off just getting touchup and filling it?
I think I would try for a free hitch if I don't have them paint the hood.

·
Harbor Fright
2005 XT
363 Posts
Well, it is an aluminum hood, and shouldn't rot. And you will probably get another chip the minute you drive it off the lot. So if the chip can be touched up, go for the goods instead...

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,441 Posts
Nothing a 4 dollar bottle of touch up paint can't fix.. so I think sounds like rockblocker might be forseen in your near future...

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 5MT
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kind of my thoughts as well. I wasn't sure about the Aluminum hood, but that does make a difference.
Thanks for the input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts