Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,456 Posts
I was going to get this, but unfortunately this is high-priced unobtainium here in the States... :(

·
Casper reincarnated
2,245 Posts
sirwilliam said:
Emails are pretty worthless...best to call them and get a human body on the phone.;)
If companies put an email address on their Websites then they should be prepared to maintain it to the best of their ability, ignoring potential customers emails can be bad advertising as word of mouth spreads faster than a bushfire.

I surmise that nobody here will deal Cheam Motors after BlueDevils experience.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'd like to get one too for my MY06....but for $530 AUD, it's a bit pricey for a bit of plastic with some mesh!!! (although does look better than the standard bit of plastic, without the mesh!)

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for that Griffo

Having seen the picture I think the standard grill that I've already got looks better.

Attachments

·
German tech
MY16 Audi S3 Sedan DSG 6 speed
3,563 Posts
Or do what I did and buy a near new OEM grill from Ebay (a few around from people buying the sports grill.

I am now going to dremel out the crossbars and install a mesh to the frame.

I can then keep my stock one if I get tired of the modded one

·
Premium Member
2012 GTI DSG 6-speed
1,463 Posts

·
German tech
3,563 Posts
Sort of

I've got some honeycomb grill material I am putting in. I don't like the plain mesh.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
I sure wish GrillCraft would make a fitment for Foresters. I had one of their grilles on my STi, and it was great. Looked good, kept bugs (not to mention gravel) out of the radiator fins, and was rock solid. Well worth the cost. HPH

·
Registered
2006 XTA
551 Posts
In the meantime , a spraycan of semi gloss black can give a very pro. effect in a few minutes.
Cheers :icon_cool:

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Where is the best place to buy the black spray for automotive applications? How durable is the resulting finish against heat-expansion and scrubbing from car washes? Thanks

·
Registered
2006 XTA
551 Posts
Umm.. I'm embarrassed to say I used a super cheapy and now and then give it a touchup. Heat isn't an issue . A good quality spraycan would no doubt be a bit more durable but up to you really.

Cheers :icon_cool:

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
you do touch ups with the grill on? i forsee trouble if you have to take off the grill each time to spray it down again.

·
German tech
3,563 Posts
Wonder if eventually it will all flake off. Sounds like it will given the prep (or lackof) and the touchups needed.

One reason why I got a 2nd hand spare one to play with.

However, whatever makes you happy

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
With that extra grill, that allows you to be much less worried. fourXTer's grill still looks great blacked out. years back, I used a semi-gloss clear red spray on my rear taillights, to make the yellow portion go away. It looked great for a year or 2... then started to lose its gloss.. by year 4.. Specks of it started coming off, until the yellow signal of the taillight started to become visible. I had applied 2-3 coats of the spray.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts