Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
06 2.5XT Manual
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm normally on the Europe side of things, but I know a lot of parts can be shipped over from the US.

Just wondering if anyone can help me with any info to locate the appropriate "sports grill" for my 2006 Forester XT. At the moment I have the stock chrome horizontal slatted one, but I'm after the sort of honeycomb grill, but all I can find is people saying it's the "sports grill" but I'm struggling to find one, or find the model it's off, or the year etc etc...

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
06 2.5XT Manual
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha thanks Kevin!

Definitely jelly of some of the terrain you Aussies and the 'Americas' lot have to play with!

I love some of the wild camping pictures I've seen.

I may have not found them yet, but it seems in the UK it's not as easy to just go off the beaten track and set up home from home.

·
Registered
MY05 Forester 2.5 XT 5MT
3,089 Posts
Should have accessories with part numbers available in the UK as a starting point: IMGGB Subaru Accessories

This looks to be it: Grille Sports Front<br><br>
Grille Sports Front

Mesh type insert which gives a whole new image to the front.
Applied Model
Forester - 2006MY-> – 2008MY
Part No. J1010SA070
£ 270.00 (inc. VAT, exc. Fitting - unless otherwise stated)

·
Registered
06 2.5XT Manual
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's awesome TMX, thanks for that!

Not convinced enough to pay £270 for it!!! Need to keep hunting around incase one pops up!

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,935 Posts

·
Registered
06 2.5XT Manual
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wonder if it is the same fitment, your limited grill looks quite similar to my stock grill. Funny how tastes differ! But you make a very good point regarding pollen.

There is a tree nearby that deposits sap/pollen idk *** it is, onto cars in very small sticky blobs... if I park near it the windscreen is a nightmare and the rest of the vehicle is covered too!

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,935 Posts
Reactions: TMX

·
Registered
MY05 Forester 2.5 XT 5MT
3,089 Posts
Jackie is awesome ! I've dealt with her a number of times and can recommend
She will ship to a villa/hotel etc If you are on vacation in the US for foreign buyers.

Subaru USA items are only guaranteed for 1 year compared to Subaru UK parts that are guaranteed for 3 years. (All made in the same factory)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts