Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester Ltd. CVT
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks. Anyone have a photo of the sports grill on a newport blue SH? Trying to see how it changes the fascia.

·
Registered
2014 Forester Ltd. CVT
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't find a blue subthread, but I did search for it; flipped through the gallery and the blue thread. There are some sf's and sg's; but they're pretty different from the SH.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Ltd
46 Posts
I haven't seen one, which leads me to why you have to do it:

NB is already a fairly rare color. If you can't find a pic with the sports grill on this site, chances are that there aren't many out there. (By comparison, I know for a fact that I'm not even the only '09 DGM XT LTD with the sports grill on this site, and the XT LTD in all colors only represents about 6% of total sales.)

In other words, while you probably won't have the only one in the world, you'll almost certainly have the only one in your neck of the woods (and one of the relatively few in the world!). :woohoo:

IMHO, it looks better than stock on every color I've seen it on, if only because the chrome bars of the stock grill combined with the blue oval Subaru emblem look awfully Ford-ish (not that there's anything wrong with that!).

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT
60 Posts
And if he say's, but mines blue........:chair:
Can try dialing up the blue channel on the screen all the way up, while doing the reverse for the other 2 color channels.
It still won't look the same but at least it's somewhat blueish.:banana:
Remember to change back else you'll have a weird colors on screen.

·
2010 Forester XT 4EAT
1,122 Posts
IMHO, it looks better than stock on every color I've seen it on, if only because the chrome bars of the stock grill combined with the blue oval Subaru emblem look awfully Ford-ish (not that there's anything wrong with that!).
I think it looks too Chrysler-ish. The overall shape, the thicker part at the top with the badge in the middle, and the ugly teeth.

I can't wait to get the sport grille and put it one because the stock one is just gross.

·
Registered
2004 STi
34 Posts
And the sportgrille doesn't also make it look like ford?

OK, I tried to post a URL but I don't have 15 posts yet. Ugh. I have 4,000+ posts on other forums and it's funny I can't post a picture here.

Anyways, look up the Ford "Freestyle" or someone post a picture for me. Either way round blue logo = looks like ford a lot, also it reminds me a lot of my Ranger.

But....I still think it looks good!

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5x
706 Posts
I think it looks too Chrysler-ish.

I can't wait to get the sport grille and put it one because the stock one is just gross.
I've noticed that regardless of some folks complaints about the 09+ grill, the Forester is selling like hotcakes. Whassup with that? Let me tell you : long after the last Chrysler Pacifica has been crushed to make a double-door refrigerator, subies w/the so-called "ugly" grill will still be rolling.
Steve
09 2.5X AT

·
Registered
09 Forester XT
52 Posts
I am not a fan yet of the new sports grill. One of the forum members took some effort and painted his black which in my opinion not only captures the Subaru look but shows some creative skills. He also "blackened" [sic] his lights which brings further class and a look of a batman mask to it. Check it out under exterior section

·
2010 Forester XT 4EAT
1,122 Posts
I guess I messed up. I thought quickfish was saying the stock grille looked Ford-ish instead of the sport grille. I was of course talking about the stock grille myself. My first thought was to paint the inside of it, but when I saw the pic where someone on here that did. I decided to just go all the way and get the sport grille. The painted inside does look much much better and props to the member that did that. I think the sport grille just goes with the front underspoiler better overall. Anyway, yeah, I'm glad the stock grille isn't hurting sales!

·
Registered
2014 Forester Ltd. CVT
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think color makes a difference on the look of the standard grill. On my newport b. I swear I think of the joker when I see my car from the front end. Black, red, and grey for some reason jive better with the grill and do something to mediate the smile.

I've seen the blacked out grill and lights photos on here and that's just a great face lift.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts