Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 X Premium
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys and Gals,

I knew this forum was going to be both great for me and dangerous for me. I spoke to Jackie today and she is sending me the correct painted spoiler for my Forester at an awesome price!!!!! I am glad I signed up here and found some pretty valuable contacts!!!!:Banane17:

·
Registered
2005 GT30r'd Forester JDM 6-speed
136 Posts
Congrats on the purchase!! I just installed mine over the past weekend. Just do yourself a favor and read up on the install threads that you have available to you here, and as well as Peaty's thread on scoobymods..... On the thread here, someone mentions that the 13/32 bit that subaru tells you to use on the instructions is a tad too large and makes the holes you drill slightly off center.... I didn't pay much attention to his suggestion, because hey, subaru knows what they are talking about right? Not so much!! After I measured, remeasure and measured again like 20 times, I decided to make my cut.... guess what.... he was right, they were wrong..... the holes were drilled perfectly on my part, but they were a tad too large, and a bit too wide.... I had to use a dremel to widen them out on the inside by maybe a millimeter on each side.... which doesn't seem like much, but when your heart jumps out of your chest after you drilled a hole into your vehicle and then the wing won't fit through the holes you just drilled, you get pretty scared by that little millimeter.

Anyways, after I opened it up just a tad, it fit fine, and fit tight.... now worries, but if I had just listened to his suggestion I would have had no problem.... give me a second, and I'll post up what I'm referring to.... Also, this "problem" is referring to the second set of holes you have to drill... you'll understand once you get the directions.... Also know going in that the second set of holes has sheetmetal is is thicker than the first, it took alot more effort to drill through.

-Jason

·
Registered
2005 XS
166 Posts
Does the spoiler on the rear hatch, mounted at the roofline, do anything? Does it help keep dust off the rear hatch or does it enhance the dust collection of the hatch?

Thanks,
Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA

·
Registered
2005 GT30r'd Forester JDM 6-speed
136 Posts
it definitely helps keep dust off of the rear hatch by disturbing the air flow off the rear of the car, and keeping it from just flowing straight down and adhering to your rear glass.... plus it looks 1,000 times better than stock.

-Jason

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,857 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts