1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 sf - gls manual
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i listen to radio 2
thought i would get that out the way first lol

they where talking about an app for your phone called speedometer and gave it a good review.
so i looked it up on the net but there are a few.
question is does anyone use one on here and if so which one?

·
Registered
2006 FSTi Manual
68 Posts
ok i listen to radio 2
That's okay, me too of a morning although my secretary makes me listen to Radio1 in the office.

I've used a few GPS speedo apps and what I've found is that they're quite good but from what I can tell really only display a very frequently updated average speed. As they measure time/distance rather than revolutions of a wheel of a given diameter.

I found that they tend to lag as you accelerate / decelerate until you settle at a steady speed. I've used them more for 'calibration' to see where 70mph really is on my speedo (it sits just under an indicated 75 on the mini but the 3 series is pretty much spot-on).

I wouldn't rely on it through towns / cities though as you're totally dependent upon a reliable GPS fix.

·
Registered
98 sf - gls manual
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats the info i needed ta, most of my driving is city bassed and my old yank motor reads whatever the hell it likes lol.
my fozy reads 55 at a tomtom indicated 50 and my focus reads 52 at a tomtom rated 50, so when im going through specs camera i tend to half the to and hopefully get it about rite lol

radio 1
poor bugger.lol
was a kerrang man till it went dab.

·
Registered
2006 FSTi Manual
68 Posts
Talking about useless instruments, I wonder if the American car has a rev counter? Can you get the GPS speedo to give you speeds in each gear at certain RPM and pop a little sticker on the ‘counter.

·
Registered
98 sf - gls manual
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
na she was made in 1967 and has a speedo and a fuel and amp gauge..thats it lol

·
Registered
2006 STI
6,968 Posts
Speedview is decent, but Andy has it spot on, so I have nothing to add.

Well, except that I listen to Radio 4 and 6Music.

·
Registered
98 sf - gls manual
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nowt wrong with your radio choice :)

·
Registered
2006 FSTI
118 Posts
On the basis that I'm probably the only UK person on this forum who actually kept the original ICE (the one with the Minidisc) in the car, I can only listen to Radio 2, Radio 5 Live, CD's, Minidiscs, or the burble / roar of the exhaust.

Can't comment about the speedometer app question either

·
Registered
98 sf - gls manual
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
exhaust would win most times lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts