Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Limited CVT
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i installed a new head unit in my car, the battery died in the process... i jumped it and the car is running again but now the speedometer and tachometer are not working... they sit at zero... and the odometer/temp doesn't show anything... any clue what i might have screwed up? kinda freaking out... please help!

·
Registered
2014 CVT
824 Posts
check fuses! do the lights on the dash work? does anything else on the dash work not work? what about your new head unit does that work?

·
Registered
2015 Limited CVT
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
lights on the dash work... the gauges light up fine (it's dark out now)... the gas gauge is working (i think... it's sitting at half) and the oil gauge is working as well (half)... the lights for the odo and temp are not lit up... do the speedo and tach run off fuses? the new head unit works perfectly... THANKS for replying so quickly

updated... i pulled out the new head unit and the problem is still there... i pulled out every fuse behind the change container and they all looked good... one of them killed the engine, that was funny... one of them killed the dash lights, now i know which one does that, cool... issue is still there... dunno what to do... can't really drive it safely like this...

i'm gonna bring it to my auto guy in the morning and see what he thinks... he's a good guy, straight shooter... maybe he'll have a clue?

·
Registered
2015 Limited CVT
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RESOLVED

took it to my mechanic around the corner and he unhooked the negative lead on the battery, left it off for a few minutes, reattached it and VOILA... everything works again

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow, THANK YOU Coreyb from 8 years ago... You solved my kiddo’s frustrating problem with his “new-to-him” 2004 Forester after he installed a new stereo!!! We were so frustrated until we found your post, you saved us a LOT of time, and maybe even money. Cheers! 😁👍🏼

1 - 5 of 5 Posts