Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT 6spd/8spd/Many Gears CVT
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are an Authorized Importer for Speedline Wheels here in the United States. And will be keeping their most popular wheels in stock. We can get most of their wheels that are currently available and some will have to be special ordered. We will be stocking the following design in the most popular colors. I would be willing to work out group buys for people.

Speedline uses their unique FlowForming technology to produce a strong and light cast wheel. These are considered to be some of the most durable from a manufacturer who OEs for many of the major exotic car manufacturers including Ferrari. For those of you who started with Subaru back in the days will remember that Speedline manufactured wheels for Prodrive and also for the rally cars.

For our kick off Special, we will be offering a free 8oz bottle of Griot's Garage Wheel Cleaner for the first 5 people who purchase a set of wheels that are currently in stock! :)

Here is what we have for the Forester Fitments:
Speedline Corse Type 2120 Turini
18x8, ET48, PCD 5x100
Colors: Silver, Gold, Anthracite Available.
Included: Center Caps and correct lugnuts for each wheel.
Will Clear Subaru Gold and Black Brembos.
Wheel Weight: 21-22lbs.
Price is 425USD per wheel. Complete Set of 4 wheels 1600USD.

Price does not include shipping. California residents, please add 9.25% for sales tax. If you are local and wish to have tires mounted and balanced for you as well, we can also have that arranged. Please contact us for more details through PM or email.

Here is an image of the wheel in Anthracite:

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Gary

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,083 Posts
wow I really like those and the 09's are just begging for 18's. Think the fiance would mind if I returned the ring to get these?

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They definitely are great looking wheels. I have had a set of Speedlines for 10yrs and they are still in great shape and have never failed me. They definitely are worth every penny you spend on them.

Thanks,
Gary

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Weight per wheel is what?
Shipping weight of the box is about 26-27lbs, but that include lugnuts and center caps. I will have to double check but Speedlines are not always the lightest wheels but they are some of the strongest you can get.

Thanks,
Gary

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What's available in the 5x114 18"x9.5" +45 range?
Speedline does not make a wheel in the specified size that you are looking for. They are designed more based on competition versus looks. They only sizes currently made in the 5x114 is an 18x8 ET48 and an 18x8.5 ET55. We will be making an 18x8.5 ET52 in the 5x114 for the 08+ STIs.

We can have that size specially made but would have to have a minimum quantity order.

Thanks,
Gary

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks? Why would I bother putting on the same size wheel as stock? Looks maybe?
From my experience in the past with Speedline, Speedline conforms a lot to many motorsports regulations throughout Europe which is the reason why they do not make many excessively wide and high offset wheels, which is what I was referring to. Most motorsports throughout Europe have width and offset regulations. Even for the newer STI that compete in tarmac rally racing cannot use the stock 18x8.5 wheel but have to go down to an 18x8. An 18x8.5 is made because most people think it is ridiculous to go down in wheel width, so they at the very least kept the wheel at the stock size.

I get many people replace their stock wheels with the same size because it is sometimes lighter than stock. Some people do want it for looks.
To give you an idea, here is what the 18x8.5 looks like on a MY08-10 STI:
http://www.mann-engineering.com/images/T25_final_track_images/t25_image_0.jpg

If we wanted we can get 18x9.5 wheels made, it just will take a other people who want it to join in and order the minimum quantity. I have done group buys in the past with other car makes who have wanted Speedlines.

Thanks,
Gary

·
Premium Member
'09 STI
4,212 Posts
Well since I don't plan on running in any WRC events I want to improve performance on road courses with a wider wheel and tire than stock. FYI for road courses a 9.5" wheel isn't excessively wide by any means. I'd run the higher stock offset if they'd fit.

Since those wheels probably weigh more than stock and after looking at the picture of them on the car thanks anyways.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well since I don't plan on running in any WRC events I want to improve performance on road courses with a wider wheel and tire than stock. FYI for road courses a 9.5" wheel isn't excessively wide by any means. I'd run the higher stock offset if they'd fit.

Since those wheels probably weigh more than stock and after looking at the picture of them on the car thanks anyways.
It is not just WRC events, but a lot of touring car events have to run a certain wheel with to conform to certain rules and regulations. I am never said that a 9.5inch wide wheel is excessively wide for road courses. I know the newer cars can fit it and many have done so. I am simply pointing out the fact that there are classes that people run in Europe that have limitations on sizes based on rules and regulations. I am sure that there are rules like that out here as well for certain classes.

If you can run a wider tire, I am not going to persuade you otherwise. That is your choice. I am not going to convince you otherwise.

Again, it is not hard to make a wide wheel. Speedline can do it and they do for their OE applications. Speedline is a company that is a touch more on the conservative side of things especially for aftermarket.

For their competition wheels, they can make any width you want and we do sell some of their competition wheels and get special orders for specific sizes from time to time.

Thanks,
Gary

·
Premium Member
'09 STI
4,212 Posts
Not sure what all of the European racing or any racing analogies have to do with the wheels I'm looking for? This is the U.S.A. We run 10" wheels on Foresters that never take a turn fast. LOL.

Again after seeing the picture of them I'm just not interested. Good luck with your sales.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Finally, a Speedline Corse dealer in the US. I thought the day would never come...:banana:
Yes sir. We have been using Speedlines since they first made the P7s that were made for Prodrive back in the days. :)

Thanks,
Gary

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As time goes on we will be stocking different designs from Speedline. We wanted to bring out their most popular wheel for the Subarus first before we start to bring in other designs. We can also get their Competition wheels as well which are similar but are designed such that there is no center cap. We also stock lugnuts and center caps as well for the wheels.

We are mainly focused on road and track applications where as Vermont is primarily for rally applications.

Thanks,
Gary

·
Registered
2004 FXT
1,651 Posts
I will have to double check but Speedlines are not always the lightest wheels but they are some of the strongest you can get. ...
That's for sure! I run 17" Speedline Corse 2116's that I got through a nasioc vendor that got them from a Subaru parts distributor(?) in the UK back when UK WRX 17's were all the rage. They've stood up to lots of heavy duty usage.:biggrin:

They were optional on the SG Forester's from Subaru UK dealers at the time.

-Dennis

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's for sure! I run 17" Speedline Corse 2116's that I got through a nasioc vendor that got them from a Subaru parts distributor(?) in the UK back when UK WRX 17's were all the rage. They've stood up to lots of heavy duty usage.:biggrin:

They were optional on the SG Forester's from Subaru UK dealers at the time.

-Dennis
Hi Dennis,

Those are very strong indeed. I remember having a set of those on my GC. :)

There is a possibility that we may reintroduce the GT1s that were quite popular for the GC chassis and bugeye Imprezas. But for now, we are going to be keeping things simple. :)

Thanks,
Gary

1 - 20 of 21 Posts