Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Ford Focus Wagon 5 speed manual
463 Posts
I had the same debate and bought some T rated tires for my Forester a week ago. It seems likely that higher speed rated tires probably handle better and are stickier, but don't last as long. If you're autocrossing, you probably would want higher speed rated tires irregardless of how fast you drive. If you're just eating up interstate, going around town and not tearing up the twisties, you'll be fine.

·
Registered
2000 Ford Focus Wagon 5 speed manual
463 Posts
I think the speed rating has to do with how the tires handle heat. Higher rated tires can stand more heat and not come unglued.

As for 'sticky', better handling, whatever, longevity - pick the tire you like best. The speed rating is really not directly related to these qualities.
True

The speed rating isn't necessarily related to those qualities, but if you look at the same time in a different speed rating (T to H), you'll notice the T rated tire has a mileage warranty 20-40k longer than their H rated counterpart.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.