Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my new stereo installed with speakers. I dont know if anyone else has had problems with the speaker sizing but I had 6 1/2 inch Hertz speakers put in and they had to use a speaker spacer because the window would not clear the speaker. For those interested had Alpine CDA 9886 installed with 4 Hertz speakers which sound great and a sirius sportster. Good looking install and much better sound than stock radio.

·
Banned
2000 Forester L
315 Posts
spacers....

is this a common issue with the speakers not clearing the windows? I am doing an install with Infinity 6.5s in the front on my 2000. What about the rears? Where do I get these spacers?

·
Registered
2014 Forester CVT
95 Posts
is this a common issue with the speakers not clearing the windows? I am doing an install with Infinity 6.5s in the front on my 2000. What about the rears? Where do I get these spacers?
Yeah this is a common issue with Subaru's. I made my own speaker kits using 1/2 inch plywood. I used the old speaker to make a template then cut out the center for the new speakers.

I am pretty sure the sea-scooby also has door spacers or used to and he makes really nice stuff.

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
I do still make spacers and I sell about a pair a week. With only 2" of depth in the doors nearly all aftermarket speakers will need some sort of spacer.

For the rears depth is not an issue, the problem is the odd shaped opening. I made simple baffles that close that hole up and allow your speakers to seal properly to the door.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts