Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester X 5MT
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I have been looking through my repair folder recently, and found I haven't changed my Plugs and Wires in a while. I've been looking around here and found some people doing coil pack at the same time, it has 175K on it, its $175...plus install. Something I should think about doing, or a waste of money?

The plugs and wires I ordered were NGK.

Thanks

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT
38 Posts
If the car is otherwise running well, I wouldn't bother replacing the pack. Plugs and wires are more important.

·
Registered
2000 2 Outbacks 1Man , 1 Auto
312 Posts
Coils don't usually fail themselves but are taken out over time by other poor ancillary components such as bad leads , plugs and poor connections .

·
Registered
2000 Impreza, 2003 Bugeye Sport, 2010 Base, 2014 Base, 2015 Premium, 2017 Limited, 2020 Touring
1,020 Posts
Coils don't usually fail themselves but are taken out over time by other poor ancillary components such as bad leads , plugs and poor connections .
My 2010 Foz coil went bad just under warranty by a month, only seven trips to a dealer to diagnose and replace it. About 22,000 miles/35 months. It threw repeated codes, but the dealer blamed it on water in the gas.

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 Forester XT
14,937 Posts
My 2010 Foz coil went bad just under warranty by a month, only seven trips to a dealer to diagnose and replace it. About 22,000 miles/35 months. It threw repeated codes, but the dealer blamed it on water in the gas.
You have coil on plug. The OP doesn't. O wait you don't have the XT right?

To the OP: I wouldn't even consider changing the coil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts