Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 XT 4EAT
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if people know how much space is inside the front door panels of the SH forester. I would prefer to install the crossovers for my components in the door panel to reduce required wire and keep the crossover closer to the speakers.

The crossovers i have are approximately 5x6x1.5inches in size. They aren't too small, and i can't really tell how much space is inside the door panels.

Now if i could only find a new head unit that would satisfy me for features AND usability. They just don't build them like they use to, and there are so much fewer manufactures now-a-days, and the ones left seem to focus on more gimmicky features then real features/usability.

I could continue to rant, as i am sure others could, but I will end my rant and await answers from those that know how much space is inside the door panels.

·
Registered
10 XT 4EAT
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have seen the pictures of the insides of the doors, but i can't get a feeling for space between the door frame and the door panel, especially for my sizeable crossovers.

I've seen one person on here mount their (smaller) crossover to the white baffle(ing :p) thing in the door, but again, i can't tell how much space between the door and the paneling from the pictures, it doesn't seem like a whole lot of room is available.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts