2010 Forester 2.5XT SH Manual
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Admin, any chance we can have a South African, or African section?:icon_wink:

·
Registered
2008 XT
126 Posts
Howzit guys! Whose going to some Soccer World Cup games over the next few weeks? I've been travelling two flights a day for the past 4 days and I'm really feeling the World Cup buzz now.

Oh wait, this is a Forester forum. Ummm....Forester XT with Michelin tyres rule on our roads, full stop.

·
Administrator
16,390 Posts
Looks like there'll be a sizable Australian contingent over there - but the green and gold colours leads to some confusion :icon_wink:

·
Registered
2008 XT
126 Posts
Looks like there'll be a sizable Australian contingent over there - but the green and gold colours leads to some confusion :icon_wink:
Yes, but at least the Aussies felt well supported at the game!Germany vs Australia played at the most beautiful stadium in the world last night and I shouted for the southern hemisphere for the record.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Such a shame that we have to resort to an overseas site to get a free forum for SA! Bloody okes in SA want us to pay an annual subscription and there's not even a chapter of the owner's club in my town, PE.... BTW I am also member of other forums in SA, none of which require payment!

·
Registered
2008 XT
126 Posts
Such a shame that we have to resort to an overseas site to get a free forum for SA! Bloody okes in SA want us to pay an annual subscription and there's not even a chapter of the owner's club in my town, PE.... BTW I am also member of other forums in SA, none of which require payment!
There was huge debate about closing the SA Subaru Club forum to the public a few years back. The main reason it was finally done was that the the forum was being abused by other car fanatics (BMW, Ford, VW etc) who continually posted just for their amusement, trying to incite reaction and create controversy. I was opposed to the shutdown at the time but have to admit it was getting tiresome wading through all the rubbish.

So it's now purely a Club forum and a good one too, although there aren't many Forester owners on it which is where subaruforester.org is in a league of its own. The R250 annual membership fee gets you a club shirt and goodies, as well as access to subsidised events so it really is peanuts.
If you want to get involved in Club events and especially if you want to modify your Forester for performance I highly recommend joining the club. There is an Eastern Cape chapter recently established as well, and the EL and PE guys get together every few months.

What Forester do you have?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There was huge debate about closing the SA Subaru Club forum to the public a few years back. The main reason it was finally done was that the the forum was being abused by other car fanatics (BMW, Ford, VW etc) who continually posted just for their amusement, trying to incite reaction and create controversy. I was opposed to the shutdown at the time but have to admit it was getting tiresome wading through all the rubbish.

So it's now purely a Club forum and a good one too, although there aren't many Forester owners on it which is where subaruforester.org is in a league of its own. The R250 annual membership fee gets you a club shirt and goodies, as well as access to subsidised events so it really is peanuts.
If you want to get involved in Club events and especially if you want to modify your Forester for performance I highly recommend joining the club. There is an Eastern Cape chapter recently established as well, and the EL and PE guys get together every few months.

What Forester do you have?
I can see that something like that cold be useful in Cape Town, Joburg and Durban, but in reality there are precious few Foresters in the Eastern Cape metro areas, making the R250-00 p.a. (which I think has gone up..) steep for the value I would derive out of it. I belong to a private Subaru owners club in PE, but we're not associated with any other clubs, or SOCSA.

I have a 2007 Forester XT; my second Forester. My first one was a XS. I LOVE my Fozzie's performance and handling, but could do with a little bit more off-road ability. I even find that driving on gravel roads, damages my rims, so even that ability is hampered due to the fitment as standard, of the road/performance type 17" alloy rims. I'm looking into getting a set of standard steel rims and tyres, for the odd off road trip. Sadly my Fozzie has blown it's head gasket(s) due to an "out-of-the-blue" overheating problem! Waiting for her to be repaired....:icon_frown:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Helloooooo, helloooo, h-e-l-l-o-o-o-o-o! I can hear the crickets chirping here! To those that are on here, please phone a mate and get them to join....let's get this thing working!

Doing a breakfast run on Sunday, all the local Port Elizabeth scooby owners. We meet at the Engen garage in Bluewater Bay @ 09h00 sharp. From there we will proceed to Kirkwood...

·
Registered
2005 Forester XS
14 Posts
Sweet - so stoked I found this!
Thanks for the PM Good Dog...

Dasho101 I think you work nearby my house... I see a Forester like yours in the Westville area, is that you?

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Automatic
28 Posts
Sadly my Fozzie has blown it's head gasket(s) due to an "out-of-the-blue" overheating problem! Waiting for her to be repaired....:icon_frown:
Don't know why I only discovered this section now... :icon_redface:

Anyway, Wynand, what was the verdict on your head gasket problem?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Don't know why I only discovered this section now... :icon_redface:

Anyway, Wynand, what was the verdict on your head gasket problem?
Sorted, purring like a scolded cat again!:woohoo:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts