Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's that time of year, isn't it? My '06 LL Bean Edition doesn't seem to be pumping out quite the amount of cold air as it used to. I've searched through the threads here and there's a lot of good info, but since I'm not a big do-it-yourselfer, my question is a little different. And I'm also wondering if it's just my imagination or if it really is not as cold as it was when I first bought the vehicle.

Anyway, I'm going to be bringing it in for an oil change and alignment next week, and I'm wondering if I should mention the A/C issue while it's there so they can check it out. The thing is, while I do trust them, I would like to sort of know what to expect in terms of possible costs. I have just over 100k miles on it. Is it likely it could just need a re-charge? Would that be normal for an '06 with that mileage and if so, what can I expect to pay for a recharge? Anything else they are likely to try to tell me is the cause?

Thanks for any tips and advice.

·
Registered
2007 2.5X 5mt
943 Posts
buy a cheap thermometer and stick in in your center vents with the a/c on high. Make sure air recirc is on.

You should have about a 30* temp difference from ambient.

Get a cheap gauge and read your low side pressure, should be 25-35 psi running.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts