Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Forester Manual
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm Raiden and I'm new to this forum. Let me get to this. So I'm looking into buying a Forester come January/February. My question is, is there any sort of difference between an 04' and a 99' Forster other than the body line and taillights? Like, suspension(handling), Horsepower, Torque, etc. Any particular models you'd recommend like S vs L for 90's or Base vs X? I Have big plans for big power, so any information provided would be great! :icon_razz: I hope to learn more about Foresters and Subaru in general! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 Forester XT
14,919 Posts
Pre 2004 models almost always require a new head gasket. Bear inmind..at 105K miles..timing belt, water pump, idlers and tensioner should be done.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
41,198 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Good luck with your Forester research. :cool:

Not much cheap hidden power to be found in a nonturbo engine, so if power is what you want, I'd suggest looking at an XT. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS 4EAT (sob)
431 Posts
Hey, welcome from Toronto(ish), Ontario! :D

I have a 2001 Forester S, but as far as I know it's all stock, and since we bought it used with a VERY high mileage, any problems like head gasket were probably already taken care of. :p (I'm a noob to cars! :p)

I know there are people on here who've modded '04 models and whatnot! Perhaps by looking in their modding journals, you can pick up some useful information.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts