Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Son's 2005 Forester XT

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  forester06x 
#1 · (Edited)
So my son is now 18 and has grown up riding in a Subaru all his life...it was time to find one for him to use...

We picked up a 2005 PSM Forester XT last year with a blown turbo, leaky engine seals...totally stock, not even tinted...

So this is what it has transformed into...

Cobb AP V2 (with PDXtune by Jarrad)
Grimmspeed EBC
VF-39 Turbo (have a newer VF-34 we will be installing soon)
APS TMIC
APS 50/50 bov
CF STI style Hood Scoop
STI Splitter
Perrin short ram intake
Perrin Pulley Cover
Redtop battery
Equal Length Header
JIC Titanium cbe (Also have an APS 3" cbe, Blitz NurSpec Touring cbe, and a custom Apex'i N1 axleback...currently on the car)
06 STI rear swaybar/endlinks
BC Type-BR coilovers
GT Spec Front Strutbar
STI replica Rear Strutbar
Alpine deck with bluetooth
Alpine speakers all around
Defi Red Racer Boost Gauge
10" subwoofer
18x8.5 Rota Grids (+48) with 255/35/18's
Rear fenders cut
STI Front Seats

We went from stock wrx springs struts to 04 sti struts with jdm pinks/Group-N tophats, to the BC coilovers. The sti struts were definitely the best handling, but were too low and we scraped...the BC's work fine and give us the ability to change the damping so its actually comfortable as a DD...

Anyhow, the car will get a complete timing belt/pulley/waterpump replacement in a week or two...after that, it's solid...perfect for a beach day or commuter to school next year at the University of Hawaii...

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Getting ready for my daughter next...

I'm starting to build up parts for when my daughter is ready to drive in a year...I'll be keeping an eye for a nice car to build up...

So far I have:

1) Prodrive P1's with 225/40/18 tires
2) The 04 STI struts/jdm pinks/Group-N Tophats (hopefully I find an Impreza...otherwise, it's going to be too low again (ie: Forester)
3) Exhaust (if I find a turbo model)

I'll probably stop here until I find either a turbo/non-turbo model.

I'm going to actively start looking in about a year...let the hunt begin!!!

#5 ·
I know...18yo? It's everyone's thought...but luckily for me, I've scared him to the point where he drives granny style...lol! I was originally going to just replace the turbo with a stock td04...but you know how that goes...

I had Jarrad make a DD map...but even limited to 14psi...it's still a beast...amazing...the 4EAT is awesome in stop and go traffic. I think it's a lot more fun to drive than my sleeper built LGT...

He's fine...it's my daughter I am worried about...the girl has passenger rage already! Hey, that guy's a jerk...Hey, they didn't use their turn signal...ugh...

Trying to find a "non-turbo" 04-07 impreza wagon in WRB for her...

I picked up the grill off Ebay recently...it's a replica, perfectly fine. I plan on painting both the hood scoop and grill PSM as soon as I can...

The car is a perfect grocery getter/beach car/DD...it must have been owned by an older person as there are many "I missed the keyhole" dings all over the door... :)

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.