Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One defining thing about a driver is the kinda music they listen to while cruising, zooming, zipping, or however you see yourselves.
So I propose we share playlists of what kinda stuff we have blasting through our systems.
whether relaxin or rockin
Heres me!

Cruising/Feeling Good
1. Timber and Wood - Xavier Rudd
2. Rain - Beatles
3. Clark Gable - Postal Service
4. Shadow Stabbing - Cake
5. Chicago - Sufjan Stevens
6. Float on - Modest Mouse
7. Satellite - Guster
8. Bad Moon Rising - Creedance Clearwater
9. Collie Man - Slightly Stoopid
10. Shut Your Eyes - Snow Patrol

Rolling/On the Prowl
1. Wildcat - Ratatat
2. Porcelain- Moby
3. Two Shoes - Cat Empire
4. Hurrican Waters - Citizen Cope
5. Blackbird (kyuns mix) - Beautiful Girls
6. Earthquake Weather - Beck
7. Dont Panic - Coldplay
8. Concrete Schoolyard - Jurassic 5

Zooming/ all kindsa badass
1. Clubfoot - Kasabian
2. Joker and the Thief - Wolfmother
3. Going the Distance - Cake
4. Sinnerman - Nina Simone
5. For Kicks - Kings of Leon
6. Blue Orchid - White Stripes
7. Knights of Cydonia - Muse
8.Typical - Mute Math
9. Little Sister -Queens of the Stone Age
10. Paralyzed - Rock Kills Kid
11. Take on Me - Reel Big Fish
12. Walkin on the Sun - Smash Mouth

ok ok ill stop now... i just couldnt stop haha
I have a couple classical peices I have been known to blast from time to time on the interstate as well buti wouldnt even begin to try and sort them out.

Whatcha got community?

·
Registered
03 Forester X
136 Posts
country music, kenny chesney, toby keith, etc when im quickly driving back roads...

stern/bubba the love sponge when im cruising the highway..

·
Premium Member
3,169 Posts
I think this has been done before... Blur, Song 2 is the fastest way from 0>lots mph

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
80 Posts
Road trip album of all time: Lonesome crowded west- modest mouse
Quick and around town album: Lullabies to Paralyze - queens of the stone age
Slow and steady music: Animals - Pink Floyd

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring
1,078 Posts
My drive to work is about 15 minutes and there is never any traffic. So for that, I put on down-tempo, chill music (Thievery Corporation, Hotel Costes, etc.). It makes my drive seem relaxing (not that it isn't normally).

But when I'm driving somewhere and it can be an exciting drive - lots of twistiest or on my way to something exciting, I listen to more Rock, Classic Rock, and some Pop

·
Premium Member
12 Premium 5-speed
4,733 Posts
The no-fail-have-me-driving-in-ways-that-would-get-my-car-impounded song for me is "Bad Habit" by The Offspring. So I avoid playing it in the car. :icon_wink: Most times in the twisty stuff the radio gets turned off.

·
Registered
07 FXT sport
1,743 Posts
No, I think you guys are doing it wrong.

The best sound for me is to turn DOWN the stereo and listen to the sound of the engine!

dm

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
No, I think you guys are doing it wrong.

The best sound for me is to turn DOWN the stereo and listen to the sound of the engine!

dm
That's what I do. My exhaust is quiet and if I have music up too loud I can't hear the engine and I bang into the rev limiter if I'm not careful.

·
Registered
2005 Impreza Sportwagon
166 Posts
The no-fail-have-me-driving-in-ways-that-would-get-my-car-impounded song for me is "Bad Habit" by The Offspring. So I avoid playing it in the car. :icon_wink: Most times in the twisty stuff the radio gets turned off.
I'm with you Dan, sometimes I think "Dude, you ain't even seen that in a movie - how'd you survive that manouvre?"

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,325 Posts

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,813 Posts
I've been pulled over 4 times in my car........EACH time I was listening to either E.S. Posthumus or the Corner Stone Cues. The most recent time was listening to the "Pompeii" from "E.S. Posthumus".......

I find though that driving to music of this nature makes you feel like you are in a car chase or something (or wishing you were, lol.).

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Forester
114 Posts
I like audio dramas and old radio plays. If you like Star Trek there are over 60 hours of excellent ST dramas at darkerprojects.com They also have a large libary of newer tales of sci-fi and horror.

For classic radio plays check out themonsterclub.com They have over 500 old time classic radio plays with actors like Vincent Price, Karloff, Orsen Welles and many, many others.

Otherwise, I like Johnny Winter (white trash texas rock & blues) and The Allman Brothers and especially JIMI HENDRIX!!

Everyone have a good thanks giving. I am taking Green Monster down to Ashland Oregon for a nice thanksgiving at a cool resort motel. It's not our year to have our grown kids over, they are with their other parents this time. SO, rather than mop around the house feeling blue, pack up the dog and take the Foz on a nice long Interstate trip to a beautiful town, Ashland, Oregon.

·
Registered
2002 Forester S Flat 6 5MT 4.44
143 Posts
One word.....Tiesto.

and lots of heavy metal. Thats all i listen to when i drive by myself.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts