Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
Wow I think they handled it pretty well.

Watch Porsche introduce a fingerprint engine start next :lol:

·
Premium Member
2013 Kia Rio Automatic
1,614 Posts
eh, I blame the journalist as much as the kid. He hands his kid the keys to
the $180k Porsche (that isn't even his) and he knows that the kid likes to
turn the radio on....in a standard car....which he left in gear....duh.

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Forester X? Auto, 76k miles
2,157 Posts
Notice his son hiding behind the wall in picture # 9! Funny.

Personally, I'd be paranoid about posting pics of my garage, where I kept uber expensive cars. From the grafitti, it's probably not the best area, security system or not. No reason to give those same people an idea of what's behind door # 3.

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5XL AT
171 Posts
I know of only two words to describe this guy & his son.

Dumb donkey.

·
Registered
2004 FORESTER XT AUTOMATIC
183 Posts
Its going to be funny when Porsche Canada tries to sell that car used with an $11,000 damage on its title?

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,263 Posts
That would suck!

joe r

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
eh, I blame the journalist as much as the kid. He hands his kid the keys to
the $180k Porsche (that isn't even his) and he knows that the kid likes to
turn the radio on....in a standard car....which he left in gear....duh.
+1, who lets their young kid who doesn't have a drivers license take the keys to a borrowed 180,000$ car? The kid just started the car most likely to listen to the sound system, when it had been left in gear. A couple of my friends in highschool had that happen to them when they first got MT cars. The car AND house were both insured and the guys only out 500$ deductible (which the kid should be responsible for) and no more "no claim" discount.

Not a big deal.

My dad backed my XT out through our garage door a few years ago, the gouges are still there and we just pounded the door back into shape.

Pretty common and absolutely not news worthy. The father is just as responsible or more so than the kid and now hes just whining to the internet.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I think, more important than the car and its value, this story's an example of really exceptional parenting.
The kid's punishment is something that he's not going to forget. But it's reasonable for a teenager (done after 1 summer).

·
Premium Member
2006 G35 Sedan Auto
551 Posts
WOW...That kid is very lucky he has a dad that is understanding, and works with ppl that are very very lenient.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 5MT
292 Posts
Thats like the video of the guy who got a new mustang and the son starts the car while in gear and crashes through the garage wall.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts