Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
05 XT2.5
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 2 Foresters, 160,000 miles and 8 years something's gone wrong. I don't know how to feel - this has never happened to me before. Wait - I killed a rear wheel bearing on the first one but I suppose it can be forgiven considering the amount of time it spent sideways on roundabouts.

Anyway the sunroof won't autoclose - I have to hold the button in the whole way. I'm shocked, hurt and indignant. I think.

Do you think they'll warranty it? :catfight:

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
Sometimes my car doesn't sparkle in the sun, and it only does it again if I rub something wet and soft over it (like a kitten). Outrageous ! How do car manufacturers get away with selling this tat.

:mob:

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
Indeed, even my pansy turbo will haul my foz all the way past 140 indicated (135 on satnav)

NDS - what is the meaning of this word sparkle?

Simon

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
98 Posts
I noticed that my forester seems to cause issues with other people...
just yesterday it seemed an older gentleman got a cramp in his middle finger...
he was tryin so hard to show me and make me aware of the problem but i was already so far past there was little i could do.

·
Registered
2005 FSTI 'The Limo' Manual
420 Posts
My sunroof did that for a bit - solved it by greasing up the mechanism as if it gets a bit stiff then the anti trap will kick in (in the same way it stops so you can't trap your hands in it)

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
NDS - what is the meaning of this word sparkle?

Simon
From the JDM manual:

1. take one kitten*;
2. wet;
3. rub over car paintwork;
4. turn kitten to position indicated in diagram for 2nd attempt (claw side up)
5. rub again;
6. apply plasters to hand and wrist area to staunch profusive blood flow;
7. give up.

* no kittens were harmed during the making of this post. For deeper clean attempt a second application with a chinchilla

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo Auto
488 Posts
in 6 months ownership my clock is intermittently working/not working, the bulb in the AC button has stopped lighting up, rust has appeared around the tailgate wiper spindle, and someone stole all the badges and the rear bumper protector.

i didn't even know the sunroof closing mechanism was one-press - mine's NEVER been one-press :(((

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,242 Posts
I had a headlight bulb go the other day. Gutted.

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
I had a headlight bulb go the other day. Gutted.
Damn that's the No Claims Bonus gone then :chair:.

I once took my Foz for an MOT and it flippin passed without any problems !!! Then to compound it, it only went and did it again the next year. I hate these intermittent problems with Subarus. :crazy:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.