Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
Wondering if you could save me a trip to the dealer. I have a 2019 Forester and I noticed a very pronounced sound coming from the drivers side rear quarter panel (around the rear drivers side tire)....sounds like a metal bar or something rolling around when going over bumps. Yes, I removed everything out of the back, including the spare tire which was secured- so thats not it. Checked the muffler and hanger, not it. Checked the drivers side rear door, not it. The only thing I did was back it up on a dirt hill inline last night and ever since then it has been making this sound. I checked the plastic fender walls, and they are all tight, no plastic or anything looks damaged. Any ideas?
Thanks
Jonathan

·
Registered
357 Posts
Do most Subaru techs use torque wrenches when fixing our cars? I always ask but they probably mostly use impacts for times sake. I need to buy a good torque wrench to check afterward. Thanks for posting your update. Helps everyone here.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi Guys,
Wondering if you could save me a trip to the dealer. I have a 2019 Forester and I noticed a very pronounced sound coming from the drivers side rear quarter panel (around the rear drivers side tire)....sounds like a metal bar or something rolling around when going over bumps. Yes, I removed everything out of the back, including the spare tire which was secured- so thats not it. Checked the muffler and hanger, not it. Checked the drivers side rear door, not it. The only thing I did was back it up on a dirt hill inline last night and ever since then it has been making this sound. I checked the plastic fender walls, and they are all tight, no plastic or anything looks damaged. Any ideas?
Thanks
Jonathan
I have a 2019 and may have same issue. When did you take delivery of the vehicle? I got mine on Good Friday.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts