Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Mr. April 2008, Image Master
2005 X
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:help1: I'm looking for part numbers. I wanna put some disk brakes on the rear of my X. So I'm looking for the entire rear hub assembly, axles i guess? All of the part associated with your XT (or Legacy I've heard) disk rear end excluding rotor, caliper, and lines. Everything else I want and I'd like to get it new... SubieGal you jear that? I'm coming your way babby...

Thanks everyone.

D

·
0 Posts
I'll probably do the same but I need to make it faster first , then I'll have to work on slowing it down. By the way Wraith what year is your ride and where are you from???

·
2005 X
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dlroto said:
I'll probably do the same but I need to make it faster first , then I'll have to work on slowing it down. By the way Wraith what year is your ride and where are you from???
It's an 05. And as far as where I'm from it's more like where haven't I lived... I was born in Hungtington Beach Ca. Lived in Tx (all over) for 10yrs or so on-and-off. Ca another 10yrs or so(all over that state too). Spent some time in La, Wi, on the road...

D

·
0 Posts
Right on man. Sounds like you like to explore, nothing wrong with that, by the way you're a good shot with that camera of yours.:clap1:

·
2005 X
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks but it's more luck then anything...

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,441 Posts
Should have spent some more time in Wisconsin.. :wink:

maybe that could bring the total wisconsin member count to.. 3.. maybe 4? :grin:

thread off subject in..

·
2005 X
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SenorSubie said:
Should have spent some more time in Wisconsin.. :wink:

maybe that could bring the total wisconsin member count to.. 3.. maybe 4? :grin:

thread off subject in..

Hey man the time I spent was enough. Having to cut your way through 3 feet of ice to get in the water for four hours sux! Besides I lived in Green Bay, Seymour, I had some grandparents from Water town, Got a cousin in prison for life in the Breen Bay Prison(my uncle was to but they moved to some super max in Kansas I think), my aunt died a few weeks ago in some little podunk town like something-hill??? That makes me a local!.. :twisted:

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,458 Posts
jbleee said:
You should live in oregon...weed capital
its too chill up here
No, I'm sorry, that title goes to Humboldt County...

<--- lived in Eureka for 2 and a half years... :wink:

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
I see how you are, Wraith.

You ask Jamie. I'm more than happy to get you all of what you need, including the personal experience of having done this swap myself. All you need to do is come up here, and we can work on it pretty easily.

I can even source you used ones, so you don't spend quite so much $$ on new parts.

But that's alright. If you don't want my help...:cry: :cry: :cry:

At least I got this thread back on subject.

:tongue:

·
2005 X
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Roo, I started this thread as a PM to you. Just before I hit the send button I thought "he's not working this weekend so I'll throw it in the forums. Then it got way OT... Besides what would people have thought if I said "Roo you big sexy parts god, I need you now babby in a way like I've never needed anyone before... :lol:

So lets bring it all the way back to the topic...

I'm looking for these parts new. I don't want to put used parts on my hot-rod. I've got a real stigma against doing that.

And I want Roo to get them for me ;)

P.S. I love everyone equally... :twisted:

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
BTW, the FSM doesn't list part numbers! And if you are going to do the install yourself, then I suggest you BUY an FSM, you'll need it.

·
2005 X
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MountainBiker said:
BTW, the FSM doesn't list part numbers! And if you are going to do the install yourself, then I suggest you BUY an FSM, you'll need it.
That'd be nice but such is the way of most dudes, "instructions are there to keep your beer from making rings on the new furniture."

I've been a part of many bleed sessions, rotor swaps, pad replacemnts, and other related activities. So I think I got a handle on the removal, and then installation of the new parts. I just need to know what parts to buy and install...

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
The Wraith said:
That'd be nice but such is the way of most dudes, "instructions are there to keep your beer from making rings on the new furniture."

I've been a part of many bleed sessions, rotor swaps, pad replacemnts, and other related activities. So I think I got a handle on the removal, and then installation of the new parts. I just need to know what parts to buy and install...
Do you ever wonder what torque to use?

·
2005 X
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 15 of 15 Posts