Registered
2010 Forester
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT
122 Posts
Do you mean, "you DON'T need to use the 2-inch adapter"? I have a Sportrack bike rack that holds two bikes and it came with a 2" adapter. I used it on my previous car with a 1.25" receiver without the adapter, but I now have a 2-inch hitch so I have been using the adapter.

I hope the weight of your bikes and the rack don't exceed the maximum tongue weight. I believe the limit is 200 lbs.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think so. From what I've seen the Softride fits a 2" hitch as standard and I'll have to use the 1.25" adapter for it to fit the OEM hitch.

Yup - calculated the weight of all of our bikes plus the Softride and we come in way under the 200lb limit.

Cheers - Steve

Do you mean, "you DON'T need to use the 2-inch adapter"? I have a Sportrack bike rack that holds two bikes and it came with a 2" adapter. I used it on my previous car with a 1.25" receiver without the adapter, but I now have a 2-inch hitch so I have been using the adapter.

I hope the weight of your bikes and the rack don't exceed the maximum tongue weight. I believe the limit is 200 lbs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts