Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Forester Sports XTi JDM V7 6-Speed
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I can't believe we don't have a SoCal sightings thread yet! Us Fozzy enthusiasts are so rare here that we need to acknowledge when we see each other. This shall be the place to do it :icon_wink:

Spotted twice:
Northridge, CA, 7:50pm
You: SG9 WRB FSXT slightly lowered with STi badges and a Subtle sticker. You were making a left turn from Balboa onto Roscoe. You gave me a big nod and smile, I waved back but not sure if you saw because there was a cop to my left, lol.
Me: Lowered SGM '04 FXT with yellow fogs.
Then spotted your car again in front of Rok N' Sushi next to the liquor store at 8:20pm on my way to the freeway. I decided to park next to you and grab some photos. Would have loved to talk to you but I think you were inside eating sushi and I couldn't stay long.

It's great to see another Forester enthusiast on the road and not just another old lady that happens to own a Forester. Hopefully more people post their sightings, photos or not. I know there are many other nice Fozzies spread around SoCal that need some acknowledgement from others who appreciate them just as much.

P.S. Excuse my extremely dirty car. 2 weeks since last wash and just came back from the snow up at Mt. Pinos.

Attachments

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just picked up my 14 XT..down here in South Orange County, I'll be sure to post!
Congrats!! Yeah just let us know when you see another Fozzie that you think might be on here. A pic gives you bonus points but is not required, especially if you were driving when you spotted it.

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT Sport Manual
104 Posts
Good thread

Great Thread you have Started! hopefully it will catch on. Id love to start seeing spottings. Its always Old People haha.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When/where: Sunday around 5:15pm, Olympic and Lincoln blvd in Santa Monica on the 10 fwy overpass. We gave each other thumbs up.

You: Silver SF Foz lowered with gold wheels and a hood scoop (are you charged?)

Me: Gold SG slightly lowered with grey wheels.

Nice ride!

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT Manual
37 Posts
I think I've occasionally seen that blue Sti looking Forester in the West Hollywood area on Crescent heights coming from the valley (or one that looks exactly like it).

Funny enough the other day I saw another silver 05 Forester XT exactly like mine at an intersection. It was a woman driving and I waved, she then CHASED ME DOWN while honking her horn and pulled up next to me in the parking lane (no she didn't want to race). I rolled down my window and said "nice car!". She replied, "can I ask you a question?"..of course I said SURE (preparing to give her my telephone number ;). She yelled "HOW IS YOUR GAS MILEAGE!". I told her "NOT GOOD!, around 17mpg" (I drive fast everywhere and have a long commute in stop and go traffic). She told me THANK YOU and that she was worried something was wrong with her car, then drove off.

I've had the car for about 6 months, that's the first time I've spoken to another Forester XT owner.

·
Registered
2010 FXT Limited Auto
41 Posts
A couple weeks ago i was almost home (Brea) right off the 57 and there was an 07-08 (i think) forester black forester, it was slammed and had some nice big wheels fillin the wells. the guy looked asian or somethin. Sh*t was clean. wish i got a better look and a pic.

·
Registered
07 XT Type U-nicorn 5MT
238 Posts
Holy crap! just saw this thread! That is me!! hehehe. I lived at balboa and parthenia until last week!

·
Registered
07 XT Type U-nicorn 5MT
238 Posts
Eracer. That is me! I work at Mid wilshire so coming down from the valley was my daily commute.

Jshaw6000 I do remember your ride!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Holy crap! just saw this thread! That is me!! hehehe. I lived at balboa and parthenia until last week!
Hahaha, awesome!! I was thinking, if you knew about Subtle and had their sticker on your car, then you must know about sf.org. It was only a matter of time.

Hey, if you're not busy tonight, and if you're still in SoCal, there is a bi-monthly Subaru only meet going on at the Balboa Golf Course 9-11pm. I'll be there. More details here: SFV Subies Meet - every other Thursday @ 9pm in Encino - Socal Subaru Forum For SoCal Subaru Enthusiasts: SoCalSubies.com

·
Registered
2012 Forester 2.5x 5mt
97 Posts
Subscribed. I like the thread. I've seen a few on the road, and wanted to know if it was anyone on the site...great way to post.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Today, at the Subaru Pacific meet in Torrance. You were leaving in a dark grey looking (hard to tell exact color because poor lighting) 06-08 forester lowered with stock wheels, full window tint and an awesome sounding exhaust. Mine was the gold 04 forester xt in the parking lot. Nice car!! I wish we could have talked! I was talking to the LGT guy when you left.

·
Registered
06 Forester XT MT
77 Posts
Hey Jshaw6000, that was my car leaving Third Thursday! I actually was hanging around the parking lot for a while after the thing wrapped to see who would claim the foz, but we ended up leaving before you came out I guess! Nice looking car! That was the first TT I've been to at Subaru Pacific. Time to subscribe to this thread

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Jshaw6000, that was my car leaving Third Thursday! I actually was hanging around the parking lot for a while after the thing wrapped to see who would claim the foz, but we ended up leaving before you came out I guess! Nice looking car! That was the first TT I've been to at Subaru Pacific. Time to subscribe to this thread
I think I may have seen you hanging around my car. I was asking the Leggy guy about some of his mods and he got a little carried away telling me about his stuff.

If you're not busy next Tuesday there is a weekly Subaru meet at the In-N-Out (Costco) at Washington & Lincoln blvd. It's from 8-11pm. I'm there every week since I don't live too far. Rault18 may come out as well. It'd be nice if I was joined by more Fozzys!! :D
Meet details: http://www.socalsubies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25989

·
Registered
06 Forester XT MT
77 Posts
Ah, I don't think I can make it this week. Next week I may be able to head up tho. Do you go to any meets in the South Bay area? Are there any?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Ah, I don't think I can make it this week. Next week I may be able to head up tho. Do you go to any meets in the South Bay area? Are there any?
There aren't any Subaru specific meets in the South Bay area. I've never been but there used to be a huuuuge all-car meet called Supremacy Tuesday meet in Redondo but it was shut down 2 months ago because some hondas decided to burn out and the police said don't come back or else. That's why I like Subaru specific meets, no one can burn out :lol: and there aren't a bunch of young reckless civic drivers, haha
The only Subie specific meets I know of are in Culver City, Downey, Long Beach, Encino, and Rosemead. Try to make this Tuesday one if you can since it's the closest to you, even if you can't stay long. Cool people here and it's really accessible. If you want more details on the other meets just PM me.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Saturday, around 1:30pm, lowered black or dark grey with gold wheels SG9 FXT on Hwy 395 in Olancha heading North. I was going South in the gold SG5 FXT heading home from Bishop. I flashed my high beams but not sure if you noticed since you were behind a line of cars.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts