Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Didn't know where to post, hoping the thread's alright here.)

Hey fellow Ru enthusiasts,
I'm a DIY-er with a limited amount of tools and experience. I installed my own aftermarket headunit, speakers, and amplifier, so next I want to tackle a subwoofer install. Problem is that I've never done one before, and also I don't have the tools to perform it. So, I'm wondering if anyone who's capable of performing this install would be willing to come do it in exchange for food / refreshments / gas money (or I can just drive to you). Specifically, I want to install it in the back storage area, similar to some other ones posted on this site (I can't link to any, arg). I'm located in Los Angeles -- hopefully someone lives close by!

Thanks in advance.

PS I've got a 2000 Subaru Forester S.

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 5spd Automatic
3,572 Posts
Can't help you directly but if your capable of installing an external amp to your HU, then hooking up a subwoofer is much easier.
Not sure what kind of subwoofer your going for. Anyway alot of aftermarket HU's got subwoofer line out. Hook the amp that you run the subwoofer with to that and the remote wire to the amp. Run the low pass filter on the HU for the subwoofer line out and/or run low pass filter on the amp if possible to keep the hz in the low area. Depending on size I say atleast below 100hz.
If your allready using the remote wire to a amp for the speakers, just hook up another wire between the 2 amps to split the remote wire.

Hope that helps a bit. Anyone closeby is ofc much better help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts