Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Friday,

Time to make space in the garage for more parts... :wink2:

Back of mufflers painted black and ready for install. 2013 WRX exhaust, includes mufflers and Intermediate Pipe.

Located in Orange County. - $200.

(Will not ship)

on Flickr

, on Flickr

on Flickr

Tucks in nicely.
, on Flickr

on Flickr

·
Registered
2011 Forester XT & 2009 Forester XT
128 Posts
I can attest to it, the WRX exhaust sounds wonderful. Great buy for anyone needing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2009 Forester AT
43 Posts
Did you run this setup for a while? I was curious if the tips touching the bumper caused any buzzing and/or melting?

·
Super Moderator
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Heaton, no the tips do not get hot enough to melt the bumper. I used the stainless steel scrubber method to negate the droning. If it were a manual transmission, it wouldn't be an issue. (Shakes fist at Subaru bean counters)

I've run this or a similar setup over the past few years. With the first set going on in 2016.

·
Registered
2009 Forester AT
43 Posts
I'm not familiar--what is the stainless steel scrubber method? Is it padding between the muffler tips and bumper cover?

·
Registered
58 Posts
does the midpipe help that kinda tinny rattling from the exhaust? I think it is coming from the heatsheild toward the engine end but curious what else the midpipe did for you. I have the same rear tips on my FXT

·
Super Moderator
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The wrx/sti midpipe is less restrictive. Fairly straight through versus being forced through the pancake resonator.

"Tinny" rattle is probably a heat shield.

·
Super Moderator
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Aesthetic - Some people enjoy how the WRX mufflers look on the Forester.

Midpipe - Enhances exhaust flow with a smaller resonator with minuscule volume increase if using stock mufflers. The OEM pancake resonator is a tad restrictive.

Mufflers - Pure Noise. Unless you do the Scotch Brite mod to wrangle the noise...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.