Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
05 XT MT
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
16 out of 42 with PAX putting me into the Super Star Challenge but I bagged it to get home for the LSUvTide game. Priorities. Big fun with a tight course. I cant wait to find out where I stood raw time. :icon_cool:

Fast time was a 40 and change. Interesting that I caught more flak before the runs at a Subaru event than when I run with other makes. It was nice to beat up on some STis. :icon_biggrin:

SubaruChallengeBestTime09.flv video by GatorXT - Photobucket

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Tacoma DCSB Auto
1,942 Posts
looks like yall had fun, so did i, looked at porsche race cars, and met wit friends for lunch in Down twn Jax, some beach, tomorrow is the airshow

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,170 Posts
sweet course and driving!! def was tight, those 180degree turns looked fun.

ugh, my event got cancelled today due to lack of registrants.. wish i coulda had some runs 2day too, im so bummed!

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
1,545 Posts
GatorXTI, What was your time? I was there but arrived late @ 10:30. Stayed a while and chated with some people. Saw your FOZ but you were no where around it so I watched some more runs and boogied around 12:30. Actually when I was leaving I stopped at the Kart track and now that may be my next little hobbie. Looking into getting one of those now.........oh boy, here I go again off on a tangent.

p.s. Did like the change to your hood!

·
Registered
05 XT MT
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GatorXTI, What was your time? Actually when I was leaving I stopped at the Kart track and now that may be my next little hobbie. Looking into getting one of those now.........oh boy, here I go again off on a tangent.
p.s. Did like the change to your hood!
I was either walking or at station 1 near the start if things had started. Cant remember when things started but it was later than expected. We had all 3 gens of Foz there which was nice. The crazy thing that happened that day was about 5 cars into the the first run group a guy goes WAY to hot into the slalom for his first run, loses it and shoots straight into the ditch toward the station 2 course workers. :icon_eek: The car amazingly was fine and the course workers just needed a short change. Sprinting for your life that early in the morning is never good. I havent seen anything like that in a long time. Even scarier was that the site owner DIDNT require helmets! :crazy:
My best time of the day was a 45.25 and no cones for the whole day of 6 runs. The Complex has great Karting and that day had us, an Evo charity run/show and Karting where going on. Thx for the kind thoughts on the hood.
Oh, and thx to Doc Holiday on here with his SF for showing me the lines from station 1 :rock:

·
Registered
05 XT MT
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sweet course and driving!! def was tight, those 180degree turns looked fun.

ugh, my event got cancelled today due to lack of registrants.. wish i coulda had some runs 2day too, im so bummed!
I know how you feel. I was supposed to race my buds Miata that we have been Autocross prepping today but he called sick. :icon_mad:

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,792 Posts
Very nice ! Our season has been done since early Sept as its too cold to get any heat into the tires. 6 more months, sigh.

·
Registered
05 XT MT
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh, and here's my Lord of the Rings-style map:

(That's taped to the trunk lid of a '99 Impreza).
Tolkien would be proud. The Ruling Ring in Mordor was by far the trickiest in all of Middle Earth. One exception, a friggin' Escalade of Death that destroys cone walking peasants.

Nice meeting you. Nice placing in ST!

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,792 Posts
LMAO, thats hilarious! btw no helmets, thats crazy!
That's rather suprising, it should be a requirement. I've banged my helmet a few times while running on an autox. I'd wear one whether or not it was required.

One exception, a friggin' Escalade of Death that destroys cone walking peasants.
Did they let an Escalade run the course ? That's a flip over risk (would like to be there to see it ).

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
1,545 Posts

Still got 2nd place in ST!
LOL
DOHC...........Saw you run several times and you did much better than the picture ^ posted. Good driving skills!

I had heard about the guy that wiped out from others there, arrived after that, I was amazed when I saw the car running the course after the incident. Kinda scratching my head, usually when someone wipes out there is damage.

Good TIME Gator......especially from what I saw other running. "Yes it's a wagon, now go put that in your WRX hat".

I was also amazed that I saw drivers without helmets!

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
1,545 Posts
Really good footage but at one point I started to get :puke:. Thought I saw my FOZ in the parking area but I don't want to watch it again for fear of :puke:........:biggrin:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts