Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
376 Posts
Australia does have a few things in their catalog that I don't remember seeing over her, maybe Japan is holding back some of the good stuff from us because they are still mad at the U.S. for something, lol.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
376 Posts
Merkins. :icon_rolleyes:
If your usage of the term Merkin is referring to a pubic wig that was used to cover up the loss of pubic hair due to early treatment methods of sexually transmitted diseases, you may want to be slightly less obscure in the future, lol. :huh:

·
TANSTAAFL
2010 2.5X Premium AFF 4EAT
472 Posts
If your usage of the term Merkin is referring to a pubic wig that was used to cover up the loss of pubic hair due to early treatment methods of sexually transmitted diseases, you may want to be slightly less obscure in the future, lol. :huh:
You might say deebom really muffed that one.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
376 Posts
You might say deebom really muffed that one.
Apparently you didn't get the pubic connection either so maybe in the future we could all agree to presenting our jokes in such a fashion that they aren't so obscure or pretentious as to resemble French cinema or at the very least, include joke subtitles anyway, lol.

·
TANSTAAFL
2010 2.5X Premium AFF 4EAT
472 Posts
Apparently you didn't get the pubic connection either so maybe in the future we could all agree to presenting our jokes in such a fashion that they aren't so obscure or pretentious as to resemble French cinema or at the very least, include joke subtitles anyway, lol.
Actually I did, hence the 'muff' allusion.

I'll go slower next time. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1994 MY04 XT Luxury
150 Posts
Happy to help out. PM me.

For the record, the motor industry treats Australia like crap. Too often we either get the worlds rejects or models released in Aus long after the rest of the world. Due to our small population and remote location, we rarely get any special models as the moguls believe the potential sales volume is too low and the logistics too challenging. Couple that with our ridiculously strict self-importing laws, and all too often our only view of special models is via the web. For example, we never got an Foz STI, which is why the few that are here through erroneous self-importing, are priced on par with a Mercedes. And don’t start me on replacement parts!!! As for Subaru Australia, like most other marques they turn invisible once they get your money.

Ok that ends my whinge for the day. You may now return to standard web surfing.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
376 Posts
Actually I did, hence the 'muff' allusion.

I'll go slower next time. :biggrin:
Lol, p l e a s e s p e a k m o r e s l o w l y.

I understand what you meant which was a clever play on words given the reference to merkins, however the original comment about pubic wigs seemed as much a random comment as anything else, possibly bordering on typing tourette syndrome, lol.

·
Registered
2009 Forester
1,155 Posts
you may wanna contact SUBARU ASIA - MOTOR IMAGE GROUP - Experience Beyond Words

Quote:

Motor Image introduced Subaru in Singapore more than ten years ago. The company has since set up offices in China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Taiwan, Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam to let more people in the region discover and enjoy the difference of driving a Subaru.

·
Registered
2004 XT AT
1,101 Posts
For example, we never got an Foz STI, which is why the few that are here through erroneous self-importing
I think nowhere outside Japan got the FSTI through official channels; all the ones in the UK are grey imports.

Don't feel too hard done by in Australia as far as Subaru is concerned. At least you still get the Forester XT, which is now denied entirely to the UK market, and you even get it with a manual (denied to the USA).

-- Steve

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,069 Posts
see all I want is the rest of the body kit from Subaru but NOOOOO we can only have the front bumper. It seems like EVERY other continent gets it except for NA.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts