Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all... I picked up my Forester Sport last Saturday. I found a pair of ‘Frost Guards’ for the mirrors in the cargo area. Are these really needed?

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don’t think so, they were folded up in a sealed plastic bag. They say ‘Frost Guard’ on them and have drawstrings to pull tight around mirrors. It pretty evident what they’re intended for; I’m just wondering why in God’s name they would be needed.

·
Registered
2015 Forester2.5i Premium CVT
1,124 Posts
People who park outside in colder climates sometimes use them so they don't have to scrape the mirrors in the morning. With all the electronics being built into mirrors these days, maybe scraping them isn't such a great idea. Perhaps they were included as a dealer perk, or somebody from the dealer's prep crew just left them there by accident.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I'd toss them in your glove box, and if you remember in the winter, use them. If not, that's what the heated mirror is for, right?

I feel like this is comparable to that as seen on TV thing that goes over your windshield so you don't have to scrape it.

·
Registered
2018 2.0 FXT-Touring CVT
2,934 Posts

They’re basically mittens you fit over the side mirrors when it gets cold, I guess.

Other than that, I don’t have a clue.
LOLwut? I have defrosters for that, and in the winter, we have plenty of zero (Fahrenheit) and below weather.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts