Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
2000 Forester L
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wanting to rotate my tires so yesterday after school I stopped by my brothers because i don't have a driveway where I can work on my cars. Looking at my rusty steelies I got to thinking about how crappy they look. I have been trying to source some 16" Outback or Baja alloys for a new look unsuccessfully since Jan. The plan was to keep the steelies for winter tire duty and use alloys in the summer. If any of you in the midwest can score some 5x100 +48mm wheels for a reasonable price PM me.

I decided to bomb the wheels because I had some Flat Black Rustoleum laying around. (obligatory paint booth shot)

The drums were pretty ratty so I got out the wire brush and found a can of Garden Green Rustoleum in my bro's garage.

I also wasn't too keen on the chrome lettering on the liftgate so I bombed that too.

All finished.

Yay or nay?

·
Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,723 Posts
Yay or nay?
Y...er parked in the shade! take a pic from the sunny side please! :biggrin:

um, did you jackstand when you had both fronts off? I know you have cajones because you spray painted your badges while they were on the car, let's not take it too far though.. unless you figure you can benchpress your forester.

·
Registered
2004 STI 6MT (2005)
2,934 Posts
lmao I think we need a "Post of the Day," why on EARTH did you paint stuff on your car that you could've easily taken off? Are you out of your mind?!

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,017 Posts
Looks fairly decent, but you did take the pictures in the dark...
If I was selling some wheels I'd let you know though, since it appears we've got all the wheels you're hoping to find kicking around here. But the Baja wheels are sort of on the Baja at the moment, and a set of 16" SF5 wheels are likely going on there next winter.

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,017 Posts
Y...er parked in the shade! take a pic from the sunny side please! :biggrin:

um, did you jackstand when you had both fronts off? I know you have cajones because you spray painted your badges while they were on the car, let's not take it too far though.. unless you figure you can benchpress your forester.
pretty sure I can see a set of jackstands under there... but my eyes may be mistaken

·
Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,723 Posts
^ no I think you're right, or else that foz is levitating.
nevermind my previous cheeky comment :biggrin:

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 5spd Automatic
3,572 Posts
Nice job with the black rims.
^maybe it was levitating. It could be some step of evolution, from driving on the ground to levitate/flying :raspberry:
Would be cool :biggrin:

·
TANSTAAFL
2010 2.5X Premium AFF 4EAT
472 Posts
Nice job with the black rims.
^maybe it was levitating. It could be some step of evolution, from driving on the ground to levitate/flying :raspberry:
Would be cool :biggrin:
And all powered by a Mr. Fusion.

·
Banned
2000 Forester L
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lmao I think we need a "Post of the Day," why on EARTH did you paint stuff on your car that you could've easily taken off? Are you out of your mind?!
The badges? why would I take them off just to paint them and then puit them back on? :shake:

Get off you high horse dude, it took a few minutes of careful masking.

·
Banned
2000 Forester L
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
pretty sure I can see a set of jackstands under there... but my eyes may be mistaken
Yes, jackstands in the front and wood blocks under the rear diff.

I will take some better pics today. Damn, you guys are picky. :icon_biggrin:

·
Banned
2000 Forester L
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^ I have seen a bunch of crap like that on VWVortex. I painted my drums not the rotors.

·
Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,723 Posts
why on EARTH did you paint stuff on your car that you could've easily taken off? Are you out of your mind?!
The badges? why would I take them off just to paint them and then puit them back on? :shake:
^ I have seen a bunch of crap like that on VWVortex. I painted my drums not the rotors.
I think you did a good job, just watch the doing things properly vs. doing thing easily part.. a nice detailed job will give you better results..
eg; Badges < this guy spent 6 hours doing his badges, they look factory in the end and would be had to spot that he even touched them.

if you don't care to spend that time or effort reach for the spraypaint and newspaper, just realize they are not going to look the same.

·
Banned
2000 Forester L
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am not concerned about a factory finish. The car has some warts and battle scars and I would never want it to be show quality. It is just a commuter/weekend toy and I wanted something different. The haters can keep hating because I don't care.

·
Registered
Forester X
288 Posts
Hey man... I think it looks good. I mean, it's a 10 year old car that gets used for what it's intended for (I am assuming). Who cares if it's show quality.

Doing the same thing with my rims. Will be sure to photoshop out the jackstands to confuse some folks. ;)

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 5spd Automatic
3,572 Posts
^ Thanks man, some of the people here take this hobby way too seriously. :mob:
Somehow I don't think I'm one of them :Banane28:
You can spraypaint your whole car. I wont judge you. lol
If anything, it would be interesting to see the results :biggrin:

·
Banned
2000 Forester L
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah, I just used what I found in my brothers garage. I hadn't planned on doing the drums, otherwise I would have grabbed the high heat black from home.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts