Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

So I took a FXT for a spin today.....

3K views 31 replies 16 participants last post by  Oddnoggins 
#1 ·
so I was at the dealership today getting keys cut, it takes a few mins, so I go look at the show room. I was looking at the 06 FXT, the sales man goes "want to take one out?" OK!!! I take it out for 20min, and OMG I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I miss turbo power) he talks about the price and my trade in, and my brain is going nuts! but I walked away (for now) I cant make a deal with out the wife......after all I just got the 02 6 months ago. the only thing I didnt like was the Interior , guess I'm use to the old suby Interior

#8 ·
GIT-R-DONE said:
the only thing I didnt like was the Interior , guess I'm use to the old suby Interior
I felt the same way back when I had my OBS and I sat in an SG Forester for the first time. I really liked the no-frills interior of the old school Imprezas and SF Foresters, and I guess the SG interior just didn't strike me as something I'd like in a Forester. A year later I got my XT, and I've never looked back. It'll grow on you! ;)

#9 ·
I haven't sit in older Foresters, but I've always thought the MY06 is quite a plain jane. 3 guages, 3 dials, and a radio - that's about it. Even my 15 yr old Z's dash looks way busy than the Forester. If it's one thing, I would like the older Momo wheels over the new one. Other than that, I'm happy with the interior.

#10 ·
haha.. that's stock too... wait until you've modded the FXT...

I have friends that have 350Z, G35, BMW 330, 540, and various bikes... once they've had a ride in my car, they can't stop giggling...

I've had girls in my car, when they get blabbery.. I just stomp on the gas a bit, and that usually shuts them up for a good 15min...

#11 ·
twg said:
haha.. that's stock too... wait until you've modded the FXT...

I have friends that have 350Z, G35, BMW 330, 540, and various bikes... once they've had a ride in my car, they can't stop giggling...

I've had girls in my car, when they get blabbery.. I just stomp on the gas a bit, and that usually shuts them up for a good 15min...

I used to do the same thing, but I think my wife has grown immune to it.

Guess I need a bigger turbo :spinnasmiley

#13 ·
You guys are reminding me why I bought my FXT before getting married. My live-in girlfriend of five years (who I'm crazy about, don't get me wrong) didn't even see the car before it was parked in the garage. :spinnasmiley

She likes it and I even let her drive it (once!) but she's a conservative driver and didn't rev it enough to notice the boost. I don't think she's car savvy enough to really know what's going on under the hood -especially not with the Cobb stage 1 map. :Banane01:

#16 ·
We have the same car, how much bang for the buck did the Cobb stage 1 give you ? I think I'm headed down that road myself !

She likes it and I even let her drive it (once!) but she's a conservative driver and didn't rev it enough to notice the boost. I don't think she's car savvy enough to really know what's going on under the hood -especially not with the Cobb stage 1 map. :Banane01:[/QUOTE]

#17 ·
twg said:
Giggling?

Sorry, just had to use this emoticon sometime...

twg said:
:spinnasmiley

#18 ·
GIT-R-DONE said:
I've got a 2002 sf, I'm like the old subaru interior, I'm not so good with change
The 06 FXT I drove had the cloth interior which I quite liked (not quite black, but a charcoal colour & found the seats nice & grippy)......I have leather in the Lexus.....and getting tired of it to be honest...especially in the winter. :frown:

sirwilliam, I never even noticed that emoticon before lmao! ;)

#21 ·
GIT-R-DONE said:
so I was at the dealership today getting keys cut, it takes a few mins, so I go look at the show room. I was looking at the 06 FXT, the sales man goes "want to take one out?" OK!!! I take it out for 20min, and OMG I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I miss turbo power) he talks about the price and my trade in, and my brain is going nuts! but I walked away (for now) I cant make a deal with out the wife......after all I just got the 02 6 months ago. the only thing I didnt like was the Interior , guess I'm use to the old suby Interior
GIT, do you recall (ball park) what the FXT you drove listed for?

#23 ·
CraigB said:
If there's one thing I've learned after 15 years of marriage it's this...it's easier to ask for forgiveness, than it is to ask for permission. :wink:
I had the wife walk the dog around the block while I did the deal with the dealer in 15mins(I was well prepared and that included a trade in price I wanted).Later had to agree to give up smoking to pay for the PULP,but wanted to do that anyway.BTW PULP in country Oz is now $1.50 a litre which after exchange rate equates to about 50% more than you guys pay in the US.:tempertantrum
Maximus

#24 ·
Maximus said:
I had the wife walk the dog around the block while I did the deal with the dealer in 15mins(I was well prepared and that included a trade in price I wanted).Later had to agree to give up smoking to pay for the PULP,but wanted to do that anyway.BTW PULP in country Oz is now $1.50 a litre which after exchange rate equates to about 50% more than you guys pay in the US.:tempertantrum
Maximus

But don't ya know? $2.65 a gallon is just sooooooooo outrageuous :roll:

#25 ·
Hondaslayer said:
But don't ya know? $2.65 a gallon is just sooooooooo outrageuous :roll:

I'd be more than happy to pay $2.65 a gallon. Roo called me today and said he saw a Shell station in the city (San Francisco) that was peddling premium at $3.41! :eek:mgwtfbbq

#26 ·
pleiad7 said:
I'd be more than happy to pay $2.65 a gallon. Roo called me today and said he saw a Shell station in the city (San Francisco) that was peddling premium at $3.41! :eek:mgwtfbbq

That's exactly my point.

I just paid $2.95 for premium (I know, cheap).

Americans really don't see just how good they really have it.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.