Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Miata MX-5 5MT
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think its time we all have another meet. I havent see you guys in a while because i've been MIA and i do apologize for that. lets start putting together ideas and a tentative date.

input?

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
i'll have to check with my life planner to find an open date.

blocked dates off the top of my head are, of course, thanksgiving and christmas weeks, since i'll be using my part-time norcal status during those times lol

any idea on what we should do this time? or just a standard meet?

·
Registered
1994 Miata MX-5 5MT
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking of a standard meet. nothing fancy. or maybe even a meet/lunch/go karting?

so something like a meet at Oggie's for lunch, hang out and then head over to an indoor go-karting like k1 or something.

but i'm down for whatever. i'm usually out of work on weekends by 2.

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,659 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Miata MX-5 5MT
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
to some degree yes i have retired the fxt from racing. for now. I need a few essentials things: clutch, wheels/tires and an exhaust. my motor only has 126k miles and still running strong. but i'm thinking about building a honda for racing purposes. still a honda head at heart. and they are easy to build and maintain and the parts are relatively inexpensive. but time will tell.

i dont think everyone is down for autox, especially those who havent done it before. and it also depends on the run groups. but regardless, we'd all have to be there very early and i'm one of the few who cant do it since i work everyday at 5am and dont have weekends off. reason why i suggested lunch and go karting. i at least want to start go karting. more for the money over autox IMHO.

·
Registered
2004 fxt
617 Posts
ooohh karting lmk what the plan is maybe i can scrounge up some change to go karting. its been a long time since i hung out with the forester guys. something always seems to pop up every meet.

·
Registered
1994 Miata MX-5 5MT
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea it does seem that way doesnt it chris? lol.

Hey Chris! shoot me a text dude. i lost your number in my old phone when i got a new one.

any other input? i'm up for what ever

·
Registered
271 Posts
ooohh karting lmk what the plan is maybe i can scrounge up some change to go karting. its been a long time since i hung out with the forester guys. something always seems to pop up every meet.
There are 2 for 1 coupons in the Clippers magazine that I think are distributed in your area.

·
Registered
1994 Miata MX-5 5MT
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how does thanksgiving weekend or first weekend of december look for everyone? the harder thing is to set up the date than what we want to do.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
maybe we can do a bowling meet like the seattle folks are doing. just wings, beers, and balls. lol

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,659 Posts
so first weekend of december? anyone else?
so you do have wknds off? I can check the calendar, but I think this might work...

maybe we can do a bowling meet like the seattle folks are doing. just wings, beers, and balls. lol
Sounds good..where tho? Keep in mind the Seattle peeps have to do things indoor, due to their fowl weather...karting,bowling, burger eating competitions,etc. Us... possibilities unlimited!!!

But we HAVE to do an autocross, or track day, for our next meet. Whether everyone runs, or just comes to bbq or support..we need to do a group run. $100ish for entry fee and some decent brakes/tires are really the own requisite. We have helmets, tables/chairs/pop-ups...lets set one up!!!

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
hehehe well if you guys do end up deciding on auto-x, ill come and watch/record/take pics/EAT. don't really want to spend the $$ on burning up tires and brakes before the holidays. got some expensive presents on the wish lists.

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,659 Posts
hehehe well if you guys do end up deciding on auto-x, ill come and watch/record/take pics/EAT. don't really want to spend the $$ on burning up tires and brakes before the holidays. got some expensive presents on the wish lists.
Dont you have some new/noisy tires? Depending on your current brakes, I would bet you be OK..if not, auto x or track is a perfect reason to burn em up and replace with some fresh pads & fluid.

I cant be the only one besides Tussen with cohones, and a car set up to rip around a parking lot, and dancing around cones....:confused:

OK..I am done trying to push this topic..lets eat wings, drink beer & kart/bowling.:Banane35:

·
Registered
1994 Miata MX-5 5MT
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i'd be down for autox or a road race day if my car were more prepped.

but food, beer and kart/bowling sounds good to me. whats a good centralized spot?

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,659 Posts
i'd be down for autox or a road race day if my car were more prepped.

but food, beer and kart/bowling sounds good to me. whats a good centralized spot?
with 150k miles...you are off the hook...lol. I was speaking on behalf of the heavily modded/lower mileage cars..:icon_sad:

I say pick a date...then poll for bowling or karting.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts