Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Impreza L 2.5
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been waiting awhile to post these pics, since the site went down right when I was going to :p

So, ill just start a new thread all about snow pics :D

We took a ride up to the sierras after X-mas, it was raining and snowing off and on, got a pic before and after a couple inches fell...

And yes, we did use the FXT to plow that parking spot ;)

Oh, and only about 30 minutes elapsed between that first and second photo.

S

·
0 Posts
Some pics of my last ski trip, Mt Hotham in 04.

GT loved the cold weather boosting up into the hills and the AWd didn't miss a beat....waiting for the white stuff to come again.

Z

·
0 Posts
The hot chocolate was nice after an hour of struggle through the snow.
However, I love the snow and I definitely love my new car.

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Very nice pic! Are those LM22 snows?

zebhylon said:
The hot chocolate was nice after an hour of stuggle through the snow.

Z

·
0 Posts
Thanks!
Actually that is the Michelin X-Ice North.
Really nice tires! I think 215 is a little too wide for the perfect traction in deep snow though.
//Zeb

ZuMBLe said:
Very nice pic! Are those LM22 snows?

zebhylon said:
The hot chocolate was nice after an hour of stuggle through the snow.

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,441 Posts

Now if Wisconsin could get get some more snow this year I could get a few nice shots :?

S

·
0 Posts
Looks like roads on Mt Hotham are slipperier than those in Ontario!

SkiBum said:
Some pics of my last ski trip, Mt Hotham in 04.

GT loved the cold weather boosting up into the hills and the AWd didn't miss a beat....waiting for the white stuff to come again.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,679 Posts
Hey, the title of this thread is "Snowbound Foresters." That means Foresters that won't go in the snow. Ain't no such thing!

S

·
0 Posts
If you look closely you will see the car in the background of the pic is none other than.....a Forester. What superb timing :p

·
Registered
1995 Impreza L 2.5
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jbleee said:
Are those GeoLanders? Do they perform well on that much snow?
No, they are some other Khumo's my dad let the tire shop put on after he had a bad puncture... I was worried they wouldnt work well, but they worked fine.

·
Sydney Dinner Organiser
MY05 XT luxury
1,694 Posts
Sexy Sally said:
Looks like roads on Mt Hotham are slipperier than those in Ontario!

This is a road through a ski resort and its unusual in that it goes over the top of the mountain and you ski down away from the road. So its one of the highest roads in the country.

We dont normally have to deal with snow.

Hmm - were you pointing of that the tread lines cross. I think all our "slippery" signs have them crossing.

S

·
0 Posts
Seems all our slippery signs have the tracks crossing...seems like some einstein had a bright idea at some point...

The road was slippery, I saw one poor 2WD trying to get up the hill without chains and they were going backwards, had to laugh and think ahhh the joys of AWD.

Even with non-snow tyres the Suby was a gem going up the hill and coming down.

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,385 Posts
Heres my forester in the "Snow".

We had about 1" of snow the day after Boxing Day, this is my forester in the Goyt Valley, had spent the morning chasing after Land Rovers, what a laugh.

mike

PS sorry the quality sucks but I still havent got my camera back from Minolta.

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,295 Posts
Kostamojen said:
No, they are some other Khumo's my dad let the tire shop put on after he had a bad puncture... I was worried they wouldnt work well, but they worked fine.
I went up at roughly the same time as you (judging by what weather you met, since I hit the same) with my FXS riding on stock geos. They did fine, no slip n slide.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Winter camping in northern Death Valley. Two feet of new snow on steep 4x4 road but still made it out with only cables on front tires (which were mostly bare at the time). Definitely impressed the other big 4x4's (with chains) that also made the trip out of deep remote Saline Valley.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 82 Posts