Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
09 XT
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i woke up to a fresh 3" snowfall and a clean car in the garage... perfect day for a few pics and a whole lot of fun :woohoo:

just cleared the driveway and the sidewalk, almost ready to go

oh... except for the fact I have to go to work and its the peak of rush hour traffic. If this was yesterday it would be sunny and open holiday monday roads!!!

i'll just cry on my way to work... at a crawl because there are going to be 100 accidents and no one in this city ever thought winter was coming back again and unlike me they have not put their snow tires on yet and the 1998 Cavalier with crap tires just won't make it through the intersection.

Heres to an hour and a half in the car, burning fuel, going nowhere.

idiots

end rant... thank you.

·
Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,726 Posts
Have fun with that, We did the Cranbrook to Kamloops drive yesterday in the sun, started at -14 and ended at +10C. I put the winter tries on last week though so of course the roads were clear..:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
12 Premium 5-speed
4,733 Posts
None here yet (wife said we had a little yesterday but nothing to worry about) but it looks to be an early snow season, what with the temps about 20 lower than average. Our summer was very mild so most everyone around here is grumbling about the early cold.

·
Registered
1999 Forester S w/AT
442 Posts
We had a good couple of inches last week.

Supposed to hit 60 tomorrow and Thursday, 70 over the weekend.

I love Colorado.:cool:

·
Registered
2002 Forester L
340 Posts
Even though my Subie is great in the snow, I would be really happy if we didn't get any this year......not a chance of that.........

·
Premium Member
12 Premium 5-speed
4,733 Posts
+1 to that! It wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit if our shiny red snowblower got to sit this season out.

·
Registered
09 Forester Touring
179 Posts
Live in Calgary too.

Took 1H 30Mins to get to work today.

My route changed 3 times, finally took one.

So, there is a hill, not too steep, but looking up it, there are 2 cars half way up stopped at the curb with their flashers on. Coming down the hill is a big landscaping truck on the side and the buses won't even go down it, they are letting people off at the top.

A rear wheel drive truck starts up the hill, 1/4 of the way, tires start to spin and spin, takes the guy 20 minutes of peeling out to make it to the top, then a silly girl in her front wheel drive car tries to go up, I honk trying to get her to think other wise.

I'm parked at the bottom of the hill, silly girl finally ends up near the top of the hill stuck to the curb.

I MAKE MY MOVE, PUT IT INTO FIRST GEAR, POP THE CLUTCH, BOTTOM TO THE TOP UNDER 5 SECONDS.

I gave her a thumbs up as I passed.
And said to myself, [email protected]#$ I am glad I bought a Subaru.

·
Fast & Dirty
2009 Forester XT 4 speed auto
4,050 Posts
Thank you for creating this thread.

It took me 4.5 hours to go the distance it usually takes 20 minutes.

Utter @#$%^&^%$#@$%^&^%$#@!#%^&.

I missed 2 flights to Winnipeg. I have just finished eating room service.

#@$%^&*(#$%^&*()

On the upside, I have a Kia Sole for a rental. Very very nice car. If you could get another 30+ HP it would be a blast.

·
Registered
09 XT
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it was 1 hour and 45mins to get to work, should be about 20mins.

that damn cavalier (actually it was a matrix today) was spinning its tires through 2 advanced left turn lights and still didn't make it through the lights without bouncing off the curb... I finally just went around her in the intersection. She was not impressed. :shrug:

The thing that baffles me is how does the general public not see this coming? I mean, winter has been here a couple times before. Why do we have to have a 100 crashed car day every fall when the first snow comes? How are so many people unprepared for something that has been coming around the same time every year? Granted it is a little early this year, but it doesn't change the way you need to drive when you are faced with it

I guess this is the same reason why Christmas Eve is still a busy night at the malls and why the last day taxes are due there is a line up at H&R Block.

can't wait to do it all again tomorrow.

Outlaw.... I would have tried to miss all the flights to Winnipeg and stayed in the lounge all day after that drive :Banane35:

Norm... good luck tomorrow... your story is exactly why this is my second Forester.

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts
it was 1 hour and 45mins to get to work, should be about 20mins.

that damn cavalier (actually it was a matrix today) was spinning its tires through 2 advanced left turn lights and still didn't make it through the lights without bouncing off the curb... I finally just went around her in the intersection. She was not impressed. :shrug:

The thing that baffles me is how does the general public not see this coming? I mean, winter has been here a couple times before. Why do we have to have a 100 crashed car day every fall when the first snow comes? How are so many people unprepared for something that has been coming around the same time every year? Granted it is a little early this year, but it doesn't change the way you need to drive when you are faced with it

I guess this is the same reason why Christmas Eve is still a busy night at the malls and why the last day taxes are due there is a line up at H&R Block.

can't wait to do it all again tomorrow.

Outlaw.... I would have tried to miss all the flights to Winnipeg and stayed in the lounge all day after that drive :Banane35:

Norm... good luck tomorrow... your story is exactly why this is my second Forester.
Baffles me as well. Down here in rochester we get the same lake effect snow every year. I live about 20 mins south of my college and the road north is quite hilly. Every fall on my way to class on the first few (more like many) snow storms there are about 2-3 fwd cars spinning their tires going side to side unable to get up the first 5 feet of the first hill. Later on you see the big Suv's sliding down the hills sideways, not realizing that 4wd does not give you any extra traction aside from acceleration. We get snow here for months, if you live here why would you buy a cheap fwd econobox if its going to be useless half the year? Just get an awd beater or something, at least put snow tires on! I'm always happy when I see the high HP mustangs on snow tires having no problem at all going past all the stuck SUV's on bald all seasons. However, their stupidity is nice, easier to get out of class if you can argue that your car can't make it, if everyone had subarus there would be no excuse for missing class!

·
Premium Member
12 Premium 5-speed
4,733 Posts
^^^

Move to Florida and be done with it.....and......you can come to the meet in November in Orlando. :biggrin:
Been there, done that. Can't take the humidity, especially in winter. I'll be ready for snow again next year (until next year comes around :icon_wink:) but would appreciate a reprieve for this year.

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,813 Posts
Even though my Subie is great in the snow, I would be really happy if we didn't get any this year......not a chance of that.........
Live in NM for a while..........you'll worship snow/rain/storms/any type of weather other than the normal "nuclear hot with a chance of burning hell"

·
Registered
13 BRZ Limited 6MT
971 Posts
When I was in Santa Fe, it was cold and snowy! Move to SF, and complain that there is NO winter and the summers are cold.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts