• AEM Wideband Gauge
  • Prosport Boost Gauge (52mm)
  • Prosport Oil Pressure Gauge (52mm)
  • STI Floor Mats
  • WRX Limited Front Seats
  • Polk Front/Rear Speakers (DB651)

Exterior
  • Front STI CS2 Style Lip
  • 2008 Sport Front End (headlights, grille, hood, fenders, bumper)
  • 2013 STI HID Projectors + OEM Harness (retrofitted by me!)
  • Rear Spoiler
  • Subtle Solutions Skidplate
  • 2008 Sport Tail Lights
  • 2008 Forester Sports Sideskirts
  • 2006 OEM STI Front / Rear Emblems

Wish List

Photos
This was my first real dirt drive out by Pyramid Lake, NV! Good times :icon_wink:

See less See more
This post has been deleted
#618 ·
I'll just leave this here...
Who knows how long it'll be there.

Could be for the night, could be for a few weeks, or even a few months... We'll find out tomorrow :biggrin:
So it ended up being a few months and two missed autocrosses but here's what's going on (again lol).

I fixed my PIAA driving lights last night which I've been meaning to do for a while.. And my hesitation issue looks like a P2138 code which seems to be accelerator-related. I'm working on that now because there is another autocross in two weeks and I definitely want to be there!

My engine has a slight oil leak which I found out about after letting the Foz sit in the garage for the past two months. I think it's the valve covers so those ought to be replaced before the 12th as well.

I'll leave you with this until later today or tomorrow: It's now a dedicated track car :biggrin:

I wonder what the rest looks like...

#621 · (Edited)
I narrowed my misfire down to either an injector, spark plug, or coil pack on cylinder #2 (code p0302). Here's my adventure...
First, I swapped the #2 injector with the #4 one and still had the same misfire code... Pretty much ruling out a faulty injector :icon_wink: Then I went ahead and swapped my coil pack and ignition coil from cylinder #2 to #4 and guess what?! The code followed! I now have a misfire on cylinder #4 with the code p304! Next step will be to replace both the potentially faulty spark plug and ignition pack tomorrow. Needless to say, I'm pretty excited!

I'll report back with a final (hopefully) verdict once the parts are replaced tomorrow :biggrin:

350whp+ here I come!

PS: I had a lean code (p0171) when I had the p0302 code and now it looks like the lean code is gone. Does this even make sense?? I don't see how lack of spark would make the engine run lean...

#625 ·
Um.... Maybe! I'm tight on funds due to my upcoming trip to Portland and Seattle but I'll try and make it happen! :icon_wink:

My car had this damn misfire issue since last BAM - holy sh**!

wooo glad to hear you got it back and running. Cool that it was a fairly easy fix. Just need some troubleshooting. Great job!
Hehe thanks! I'm pretty excited too! Unfortunately I just ruined a coilover last night hitting a pot hole - oops!

I'm going to try and make something work for this weekend's autocross out of spare struts I have lying around :lol:

Oh, one more thing... Yesterday, I ordered something I've always wanted but had no use for.. until now!

I'll give you guys two hints as to what it might be:
  1. It's from Primitive Racing
  2. My A/C is broken
It should be here tomorrow and then I'll be doing a very scary modification to the Fozzie (and I think it's going to be the first of it's kind).

Some quick eye candy... and things only get better (and more functional) from here!

#636 · (Edited)
Two weeks ago I autocrossed the Forester, thinking my engine woes were gone forever. Unfortunately, on the way back after the first event, I threw a CEL and the car ran rough again. Someone at the race mentioned trying STI spark plugs because I had literally tried everything else.. Replaced vacuum lines, tested injectors, coil packs, new plugs - the list goes on. I took his advice and finally, after an 8 month struggle, I can finally say it's fixed! :biggrin:

I also found that a ground wire was also broken so after fixing that and replacing the plugs with OEM STI ones from the dealership... The Fozzie is pulling like never before. Needless to say, I'm pretty stoked.

A few other mods I did this past weekend included deleting my A/C (weight savings ftw!) and a friend of mine helped me recreate my TMIC duct out of a single piece of steel! I added a WRC scoop two weeks ago which I forgot to post photos of too! The new weak link in the car is the transmission and drive train :icon_wink: With that said, here are some photos because, well, everyone loves photos!

Oh yeah... I'm currently sitting 3rd in my class!! I've never been this excited / motivated in an autocross season before, nor have I been this close to actually placing in the top 3 in my class overall!!

#643 ·
Yeah, my bushings are definitely going and my shifter needs a part replaced which might be why I think it's the tranny that's dying. That, and my flywheel is most definitely warped :icon_rolleyes:

If those two issues solve it though, then I'm willing to say that a 20g is not going to destroy your tranny if you're careful and have a good tune :)

What are the two cars ahead of you in your autocross class??

I love that it's a Forester doing what Foresters weren't designed to do! Awesome stuff.
This fully STI-swapped wagon with insane suspension and 9.5" wide wheels is in 1st:

He's also either the fastest or second fastest out of everyone at every event :lol:

The other guy in 2nd is in a Miata and the reason (I think) he's ahead is because I missed a couple of events this season.

#649 · (Edited)
Here it is...
The moment you've all been waiting for!

The wiring diagram to convert '03-'05 headlights to the newer, '06-'08 ones!!

This will make it so that your low beams don't give the high beams a phantom load when they're on and will also make the low beams stay on when you turn on the high beams - just like they're supposed to!

*Use the driver side headlight plug for this and run wires across to the passenger side headlight assembly. Do not connect anything to the passenger side headlight plug coming from the car - tape / seal the plug instead and do not use it.

A huge thanks to Joshua H (thebeephaha) for this!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.