Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
none none
8,710 Posts
Just curious, but why a 20G forester as your first turbo vehicle? Thats pretty up there in power and it most likely IS going to blow the transmission at some point. I feel a VF39 would be much more fun to just putter around in if you're not going to race it or anything as you'll actually be able to get on the gas without going straight into a tree lol.

· Registered
none none
8,710 Posts
Ok but seriously it's been 3 pages of mostly bashing so far. I want more pics!
I think we're all mostly worried about a relatively new driver NOT ending up as a very messy pancake/tree ornament. My parents started me off driving gokarts and such when I was younger, but even still, looking back on the first few years of driving when I had a mustang GT and the FXT, I'm not sure how I'm still alive! Especially with a car with that much power, you HAVE to know how to control it past the limits, not just how to control it in normal driving. Also I would start putting money into a "I need a new clutch/transmission" fund (or a de-mod fund, I'm not sure a 20g is really ideal for a daily driver).

· Registered
none none
8,710 Posts
Get the best quality gas you can as you're already stuck with only 91 out there (not necessarily the most expensive). Even up here with 93, its pretty hit or miss with fuel quality. On that 20g its probably going to be even more important (Depending on the tune). Does it have an AP or is it tuned open source?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts