Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
7,923 Posts
Wait.. is that Rohaib's car????! Wait wait no... there was another black FXT here that had that grille.... agh! I forgot the name..

· Registered
7,923 Posts
I think we're all mostly worried about a relatively new driver NOT ending up as a very messy pancake/tree ornament. My parents started me off driving gokarts and such when I was younger, but even still, looking back on the first few years of driving when I had a mustang GT and the FXT, I'm not sure how I'm still alive! Especially with a car with that much power, you HAVE to know how to control it past the limits, not just how to control it in normal driving. Also I would start putting money into a "I need a new clutch/transmission" fund (or a de-mod fund, I'm not sure a 20g is really ideal for a daily driver).
Yep, totally understood. We just had a lady down here who tried to sell her Corvette but ended up killing herself and injuring her buyer when she mashed the pedal to go around a corner and smacked the car into a tree.

· Registered
7,923 Posts
Mmm maybe more like a map for normal driving and a map for race events I think. Using a time limit on a conservative map still means you have the same risk after the time limit expires. Situational maps, however, I think would present the use of certain maps in more controlled environments (e.g. race map at an autox so risk of hitting a center divider or another car is quite small). Need to practice restraint though :)

· Registered
7,923 Posts
Just pull put it under some sunlight and pull off. Probably double-sided tape. If that doesn't work, heat gun/hair dryer and fishing line does wonders. To get tape residue off, soak residue in WD40. Easiest way to soak is to get some paper towels, spray WD40 on them, and then lay the WD40 in the residue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts