• AEM Wideband Gauge
  • Prosport Boost Gauge (52mm)
  • Prosport Oil Pressure Gauge (52mm)
  • STI Floor Mats
  • WRX Limited Front Seats
  • Polk Front/Rear Speakers (DB651)

Exterior
  • Front STI CS2 Style Lip
  • 2008 Sport Front End (headlights, grille, hood, fenders, bumper)
  • 2013 STI HID Projectors + OEM Harness (retrofitted by me!)
  • Rear Spoiler
  • Subtle Solutions Skidplate
  • 2008 Sport Tail Lights
  • 2008 Forester Sports Sideskirts
  • 2006 OEM STI Front / Rear Emblems

Wish List

Photos
This was my first real dirt drive out by Pyramid Lake, NV! Good times :icon_wink:

See less See more
Discussion starter · #7 ·
Yeah it's not Rohaib's. I forgot this guy's user name.. he lives down here too. Are you back in Tahoe?
Haha yeah well let me know when you find out who it is! We are back in Tahoe.. It's freaking snowing so I pretty much hate my life right now :lol:

Always good to see another member starting their MODding Journal! :cool:

Remember, without "lots" of pictures, it didn't happen! :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]
Haha yeah I have other pics up here somewhere... I want to take decent ones with my real camera though instead of my cell phone! Hopefully I'll get around to taking pics of all the mods that the previous owners did to the car :biggrin:

I've got a few interior pics to be posted tomorrow or something as well!

OH it's OMG's!
Yeah! I knew you'd figure it out :woohoo:

Discussion starter · #17 · (Edited)
20G FXT + Snoshado = :censored: me!

:biggrin::biggrin:

Hurry up and post pics!

And congrats...I think. :crazy::biggrin:
Haha I've been keeping her out of boost as much as I can. I think I'm a safer driver with this car overall because it's so touchy and I don't wanna get a ticket :lol:

Added pics!

Did it not come with a full size? Or are you talking about getting a 5th matching wheel & tire so you can rotate it in?
No it came with a donut thing... I'm just going to get the regular full-size like the one that came in our '03.

congrats on the purchase. i know the feeling of going from no power to big power. Went from a stage 2 fxt to a fp green'd fxt. start saving for a tranny upgrade though, it is practically unavoidable
Thank you! I'm actually a little scared of this car - it's just unbelieveably fast. The tranny has already been replaced but I do plan on swapping out for a 6 speed sometime in the near future.. As well as a Stage 2 or 3 clutch!

Yay... another journal thread for Crash Bandicoot, I mean Snoshado.

I wish I was cool enough to have multiple Forester journals... :wink:
Where did you come up with that name?! I don't get it, seeing as I never crash haha. :crazy:

Discussion starter · #20 ·
Freaking Remington..

Vicali, thanks! So far, so good on the mature factor. I've been keeping it at the speed limit and not doing any crazy driving stuff :lol: So many people wanna drive it too...

Pics will come! It snowed a foot last night, fml. It was in the 60's last week! I don't get it >.<

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Just curious, but why a 20G forester as your first turbo vehicle? Thats pretty up there in power and it most likely IS going to blow the transmission at some point. I feel a VF39 would be much more fun to just putter around in if you're not going to race it or anything as you'll actually be able to get on the gas without going straight into a tree lol.
I was going to get a turbo anyways... I didn't know what 20 g meant when I first started looking at the car and by the time I found out I wasn't going to back down. I plan on upgrading to a new tranny/clutch soon-ish but I don't live in a place where I can even drive over 55mph so it won't be a problem for now.

Let's face it, you didn't buy a 20G FXT to go slow. :N_poke: Your first mod should be a driving class. :tissue::biggrin:
xD Rally school next Friday! Problem solved haha. I'll surely take driving classes that relate to this new car in the future though.

^You just hush. I'm still dreaming of a STOCK XT. :lol:

Dempsey, just don't kill it, okay? lol Post up plenty of pics!
:lol: I won't! I'm gonna take care of her! You'll get that FXT soon enough! Maybe if repairs are too expensive on the Outback this summer you can just trade up or something?!

Discussion starter · #53 ·
What's valet mode?! My car is in it right now I believe...

BTW I came home and switched cars at lunch today :lol:

and whoever said the thing about the coolant leak getting fixed first, it's very minor and the shop said it's not a huge concern so I'm good for like a month of minimal driving :biggrin:

Discussion starter · #60 ·
@sea-scooby: Oh I think it's in Valet Mode as in "the parking lights don't flash when you press lock/unlock" - I read this in the manual and it has something to do with holding buttons down on the remote :lol:

@Duderotomy: I don't care :biggrin: I've always wanted a title and now my dreams have come true! Haha

@buzzword: Thanks, I know they're just being concerned about me (and the Foz I would bet!)

@stan: 1) Okay, next paycheck.
2) Will do, I have the original owner's info so I'll call him up or email him.
3) NO! I'M CLUTCH DROPPIN' ALL OVUH TEH PLACE! Jk, my shifting is getting smoother and I'm shifting around 3k (is this good or should I maybe go up to 4 or..?)
4) I guess I'm not in valet mode because I did get the rpms up past 6 once but I'm not making a habit of doing that :lol:
5) I'll be down there next Friday.. But not in this car :confused: I'll make it down sometime soon so I can get all that done. Would you mind sending me a PM with pricing for this? I'm kinda broke-ish right now :lol:

Thank you for the input!!!

@everyone:

I'm going to put the interior back together and go take some pictures! Wish me luck! :biggrin:

Discussion starter · #64 ·
Why Chevron? They're like $0.50 more : ( Either way, it's a 25 mile drive to Carson and gas is way cheaper there so I'll probably fill up there once a week (at Arco maybe??).

I'm pretty smooth actually, and I'm getting the hang of downshifting too! But 4k won't damage anything like the clutch with the 20g turbo?

Discussion starter · #67 ·
Journal Entry #1
Dust Boot Repair
________

So the dust boot (as referred to by Duderotomy) was not tucked under the carpet when I first got this car. It was just hanging out the plastic flaps and looked trashy to say the least. Duderotomy told me what to do with them and so I got to work...

First step was to remove the center colum plastic (where the cup holders and shift boot stuff is, along with the part that has the arm rest and rear cup holders) I don't have before pics but you can see what it looks like with everything taken out.

I had to trim a bit and make some slits in the rubber to get it to fit correctly but here's the end result.

Clicking on images will take you to full-sized photos.

As you can see, the rubber is underneath the carpet now and it looks much nicer and is out of the way! On a side note, while all the plastic interior pieces were out of the car, I hand washed them all so there's pics of those as well (back in the car).

And, as promised, here's a little more eye-candy for you guys! Once it stops snowing I'll take her out for another car wash and go for a photo shoot!

Discussion starter · #72 · (Edited)
Wait, what happen? This thread had the word "bacon" typed upside down and backwords throughout this thread, even in the title.
What the F are you talking about haha. I think you did too many drugs today :lol: (kidding)

GOOD GOD IN HEAVEN I just realized that it's a 20G. I thought that mod list was your laundry list of things "to-do", not already done. Be safe with it.

Are you using it for the rally class? Be careful on those tires in dirt, it's going to be slippery.
Muahaha - what does 20G even mean? I'm so lost :confused: and no, I'm not taking it to the rally class - it's going to be in the shop that weekend for some.. coolant issues :biggrin:

PS, I'm going to add a To-Do list in the next few days so that should be exciting lol

Discussion starter · #84 ·
I'm speechless... So my car can do that?! That's seriously scary acceleration and speed. I won't be pushing this thing till I've had proper lessons and the right mods to keep from blowing up :lol:

Discussion starter · #86 ·
Well I think a 6spd tranny and racing clutch are on call because I'm sure that would help relieve stress on the car.

If you wanna drive it then we need to meet sometime!! (I'll admit I've always wanted to drive yours and meet you!) plus you're only in Arizona :lol:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.